Samuel L. Jackson: ‘I Voted for Barack Because He Was Black’

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samuel L. Jackson: ‘I Voted for Barack Because He Was Black’

Samuel L. Jackson only voted for President Barack Obama because of the color of his skin, the Hollywood actor revealed in a profanity-laced interview in the March issue of Ebony magazine.

“I voted for Barack because he was black. ’Cuz that’s why other folks vote for other people — because they look like them,” Jackson said. "That’s American politics, pure and simple. [Obama’s] message didn’t mean sh-t to me. In the end, he’s a politician. I just hoped he would do some of what he said he was gonna do.

According to the New York Post, the "Pulp Fiction" legend repeatedly dropped the N-word during his cover story interview.

“When it comes down to it, they wouldn’t have elected a [bleep]," Jackson said. "Because, what’s a [bleep]? A [bleep] is scary. Obama ain’t scary at all. [Bleeps] don’t have beers at the White House. [Bleeps] don’t let some white dude, while you in the middle of a speech, call [him] a liar" -- an apparent reference to Rep. Joe Wilson's "You lie!" outburst during Obama's health care address to a joint session of Congress in 2009.

Jackson continued, "A [bleep] would have stopped the meeting right there and said, ‘Who the [bleep] said that?’ I hope Obama gets scary in the next four years, ’cuz he ain’t gotta worry about getting re-elected.”
    Defending his repeated use of the racial epithet, Jackson said it "became a part of my vocabulary when I was born."

"Because it was used on me in my house, often . . . I know the word [bleep] as an admonishment, an endearment, a criticism and an invective. So I use it; I don’t run from it. I don’t have an issue with it or who says it. I always put it in the context of how it was used on me," he said.

Jackson previously made political headlines in October, when he agreed with fellow actor Morgan Freeman's assessment that the Tea Party was "racist."
    “It’s pretty obvious what they are,” Jackson said in an interview with New York Magazine. “The division of the country is not about the government having too much power. I think everything right now is geared toward getting that guy out of office, whatever that means.”

Jackson continued, “It’s not politics. It is not economics. It all boils down to pretty much to race. It is a shame.”

Nuttin wrang wid dat, jews support jewish politicians and rednecks support crackers.
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

who the rednecks(and wanna be s) in Jamaica support?

Comment

We have rednecks a yard? Methinks that dem people live in the deep south of usa.
        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

yuh wrang

VERY WRANG
          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
            Nuttin wrang wid dat, jews support jewish politicians and rednecks support crackers.
            Not a thing wrong wid what Jackson say.

I too voted for him because his color look like mine. No other reason, as I don't listen to the utterances of politicians (been fooled too many times).

If Obama ran on the Republican ticket, is same way black people would vote for him.
            Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
            - Langston Hughes

Comment

Originally posted by MdmeX View Post
              If Obama ran on the Republican ticket, is same way black people would vote for him.
              not if he was spouting the same as the repubs... most black people voted for obama, because of what he was saying and how he was saying what he was saying... basically, it was his principles that had black people voting for him...

jesse jackson, al sharpton ran for president as democrats and the majority of black people did not vote for either...
              'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

preach!

Obama samfie and lie like most politicians, but him mouth sweet and him seh many of the right things.

However, if you see his assault in civil liberties under the quiet, yuh haffi wonder.

The groundwork he has laid will be used to full effect by the manic Repugs when dem get back in...especially if its a BUSH.

Comment

Black people nuh vote fi republicans, whether dem black or

Comment

And THEY are?

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
                      preach!

Obama samfie and lie like most politicians, but him mouth sweet and him seh many of the right things.

However, if you see his assault in civil liberties under the quiet, yuh haffi wonder.

The groundwork he has laid will be used to full effect by the manic Repugs when dem get back in...especially if its a BUSH.

Yuh looking in from a distance
                      Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                      - Langston Hughes

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
                        a weh yuh get dat from... listening tuh too many repubs, perhaps... which civil liberties assault yuh talking now willi... enlighten mi... pls and tonks...
                        'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Mi nuh listen to Repugs at all. Dem love those moves by Bama, but quiet bout it

Just check out the civ liberty sites. Dis enemy combatant thing and the additions to Patriot Ack and ting...

Tek sleep and mark deth.

Comment

plentiful
                            TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Brethren just back up yuh point....nuttin more nuttin less

Comment

Working...
                              X