X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Islandman:

I read the 'Quiet Storm" thread below.

I share all your views:

There are lots of control WE have over our destiny. Too often we rely on OTHERS to provide us with our well-being. WE blame others if our lives are not fulfilled.

WE use race too much of an excuse....it is an easy copout.

The Asian example you use is on point!! Indians make a good case-study too. Believe it or not Hispanics are making headways.

I snicker when i see when folks quote Marcus Garvey on this forum. Mr. Garvey is squirming in his grave (at some of us) at this time. Garvey was a conservative. He would be a Republican.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

so you don't have conserative democrats. He would be a conserative but certainly not a republican.

While Garvey had a lot of conserative traits he also was very concerned about environment and helping others so I can't say he is pure conservative.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

True Garvey was conservative in many of his views, as was Booker T but this modern day Republican party? Me nuh know. Me nuh even consider them to be conservative in the pure sense cause them believe in welfare and govt subsidy, but only for the rich!

I do think Booker T might have been a Republican today though. I respect him and his work still but he was more of the accomodative type.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

You think a everybody like have high blood pressure? Like see them lofty 401K a dwindle? and see bills a come up them wazzu?

Just the other day I was reasoning with a guy and he was telling me how many times he was going to try a business and back out. How many good near misses he had. For a massive it is just easier not to take part in the unknown and say "If I had a million dollar".
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Today's republican...maybe no.

Recall that Blacks were first republicans.

'ere's a little 'istory lesson:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMX27nDsN-w

HL

Comment

so at the end of the day, despite being conservative he would not have sided with these republicans.

the definition of who is a republican is markedly different from what it used to be, a southern democrat was for all intents a republican.

forget thise lables, look a what the man stood for. despite saying that we should be self sufficent i am sure he could not deny that the existence of machinery in place to deny black people from achieving hence the back to africa movement and it is in this context that he "broke bread" with the racists. you don't want us here and we want to leave.

problem is not they wanted black people to leave, no, because cheap or free labour was still wanted, but segregation is what they were after

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Heh heh. True.

Nuff a we a expert inna what we "coulda do" and " a go do" and "shoulda do". Just please nuh ask we fe actually "do".
              "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

We all have conservative traits...
                ...but for the life of me I cannot understand how 1 brother of mine and 1 sister of mine support this US conservative party

crazy den, crazy mi seh!!!!
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Fully agree with you on all points.

The irony is that (from a conservative point of view) we 'appear' to be extremely self-sufficient during segregation.

Our conservative vigor was more apparent.
                  Last edited by HL; February 3, 2012, 05:48 PM.

HL

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                    Heh heh. True.

Nuff a we a expert inna what we "coulda do" and " a go do" and "shoulda do". Just please nuh ask we fe actually "do".
                    So true ... wi mostly expert inna Big Chat
                    Last edited by Don1; February 4, 2012, 10:09 PM.
                    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Working...
                    X