• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suh where yuh tink wi start ?

Digital City tuh di Wirl !

Jobs ! Jobs ! Jobs !

Comment

"Thats what happens when you have no skills in an economy that requires it more and more each year.

Stay in school black youths, we already have enough rappers and ballers to supply those industries for the next 2 decades."

I was responding to this and too often I hear the politicans out there saying the blacks who are currently not working are not educated. Yeah stay in school will cut it down and in normal times I support you but right now we have a very mixed bag out there in the unemployed/underemployed.

For a little while I had to join the line, and other very educated family members so mi know how tuff it is out there. The same day I got a graduate degree a the same day I was through the door. I know people have the advance degree now and wondering if it was worth it. I know eventually it will pay off for them but that number also includes a lot of fustrated educated black. How about some stats on that? maybe we can find it.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

http://www.epi.org/publication/snapshots_20090422/

http://www.qcitymetro.com/news/artic...-062503813.cfm

just two snapshots.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

We all are at risk in a serious economic downturn such as this one, no question about that. Well, unless you a Mitt Romney and a mek 50 grand a day offa you investments.

Me just nuh really understand why people think Obama could have done much about black unemployment specifically in the short term given the size of this crisis.

I think we really expect too much from politicians sometimes. So we continue to be disapointed by them.
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

About what i would expect, less of a gap as the education level increases but that there will be a gap regardless.

Discrimination, the community you live in, school you went to, family income and connections, are all factors separate and apart from education level.

My main point is that too often we tend to focus on discrimination and less on the other factors which we do have some control over.
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

While I will criticise a few of his policy like the one on housing refinance, and I still think repealing the Bush tax was the way to go.He has done very well in this Tuff times. It is always a hard job but you have to realise most people have no patient and looking for a political savior and opposition can always feed on it.

Ah just so it go but I just hope enough people have sense to realise the reality of the situation we are in and let the man do his job.

Comment

True ting dat. And its good to see the man back on the forum Sass.

I understand why you took a break still , and your position was valid.

Comment

promise I won't comment on it anymore but it is always engaging to share ane exchange views mi bredda.

Comment

yeah I understand that. Some people too quick fi draw the discrimination card still. How I see it somebody will give you a chance if you try hard enough. Yeah a lot of factor come into play because just imagine the effect on Detroit in the early part of the recession.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                      While I will criticise a few of his policy like the one on housing refinance... .
                      ...and what do you find wrong with "his policy on housing refinance"?
                      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

ditto tuh yuh talk on Sass!!!!
                        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                          promise I won't comment on it anymore but it is always engaging to share ane exchange views mi bredda.
                          Had no doubt you would not leave. The ones or the posts that are pure attack...are few and far between. We cannot make the minority...run wi!

FORWARD, boss!

Comment

too few people benefitted. The big bank them gobble up everything and turn around not helping people. Lot of samfie go on with the banks.

Comment

What would have happened if the very bigs banks like Bank of America and a few others were allowed to go under? Could you imagine the widespread mayhem when ordinary folks panicked and withdrew their money? A so you woulda see long line fi get chiney visa.
                              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

That is not the case. They needed to help the banks but the banks conned them. They gave nothing to the borrowerers in return.

Just yesterday I heard of a case of some senior citizens who had their home for 26 years and owe a little under 100 thousand dollars, the bank foreclosed on them when a refinance could help them and sold it for 30 grand. The people could afford a lesser payment and if they could have given them a longer period to pay or cut the amout owed to 60 grand the people could stay in.

In England for example judges decide on foreclousure and if you are not working and go to court they will work out a decent deal with you. If you notice the foreclosure rate there is a lot lower than in the states. Even Obama came out and said the policies didn't help near as many people as they first thought it would. It is not about not helping them, only the tea party is saying that.

Comment

Working...
                                X