RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lost cause - Danny answers as a politician.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost cause - Danny answers as a politician.

The charge is failing to respond in a timely manner. I guess that means he will not fight the charges and this is nothing but political grand standing.

'I will fight'

Walker says he’ll contest any frivolous charge in scrap metal saga
    BY KIMMO MATTHEWS Observer staff reporter matthewsk@jamaicaobserver.com
    Friday, February 03, 2012

FORMER Commissioner of Customs Danville Walker yesterday said that he would fight any frivolous charge against him in relation to allegations that he obstructed the Office of the Contractor General's (OCG's) probe into a breach of the scrap metal ban.

"If my lawyers believe that I have a case, I'm going to fight it. Even if the fine is $5,000 we are going to fight it. We are going down that road. I'm afraid of no one," Walker told the Observer.
    WALKER... I’m afraid of no one

WALKER... I’m afraid of no one

#slideshowtoggler { FILTER: none !important; ZOOM: normal !important}#slideshowtoggler A { FILTER: none !important; ZOOM: normal !important}#slideshowtoggler IMG { FILTER: none !important; ZOOM: normal !important}
    1/1

On the other hand, Walker said that if his late submission of the information requested by the OCG constituted a breach, he would not fight the matter.
    He, however, reiterated that if a breach did occur it was not intentional.

Walker was responding to a ruling earlier yesterday by Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) Paula Llewellyn that charges be laid against him.
    According to Llewellyn, Walker reportedly committed administrative breaches by failing to respond in a timely manner to questions raised into an investigation into allegations that the Customs Department facilitated a breach of the Cabinet Order, which placed a ban on the trade of scrap metal.
    The Jamaica Labour Party Cabinet last October placed a ban on scrap metal. Notwithstanding the order, 97 containers were shipped by Customs without the requisite permit from the Trade Board.
    In his defence of the shipment, Walker reportedly said that his action was excusable because it earned foreign exchange for Jamaica.
    The OCG last year referred Walker to the DPP for charges to be brought against him after he failed to provide the information requested in the probe.
    Walker had contended all along that he would have provided the information but noted that he was busy with his election campaign on a Jamaica Labour Party ticket in Central Manchester.

Furthermore, Walker said that he was no longer in office and could not place his hands on the relevant documents.
    Yesterday, Walker said that the information requested was delivered about five days before the December 29, 2011 general election.
    Late yesterday, Llewellyn told the Observer that the first of two charges contends that on December 2, 2011 without lawful justification, Walker obstructed, hindered or resisted the lawful requirement of the Contractor General (CG).
    The second charge contends that contrary to Section 29 C 2 of the Contractor General Act, Walker on December 15, 2011 without lawful justification or excuse failed to comply with a lawful requirement of the Contractor General Act.
    "This is what I would call the criminalising of administrative breaches. What this means is that Mr Walker did not comply in the time prescribed by the CG to answer certain questions in writing," Llewellyn said. "He did respond, but out of time."
    The fine for each charge is $5,000.
    The OCG said Walker received a request dated November 18 for him to provide by 3:00 pm on December 2, written answers to a series of specific questions posed to him. The date was extended but was also missed.
    — Additional reporting by Paul Henry

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...#ixzz1lKSkFLf9
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

You seem to have missed this one:

Hylton Faces Another Charge

Published: Friday February 3, 2012 | 8:41 am0 Comments

Barbara Gayle, Staff Reporter

Member of Parliament for Western St Andrew, Anthony Hylton, is now faced with a second charge of breaching the Parliament (Integrity Members) Act.

In this second charge, he is accused of failing to submit information on his assets to the Integrity Commission for the year 2010.

Hylton, who is also the Minister of Industry Investment and Commerce, has pleaded not guilty to the charge and is challenging the matter.

He is also among several parliamentarians, who were hauled before the courts last November for breaching the Parliament (Integrity Members) Act.

Each Parliamentarian is required to furnish statutory declarations to the Commission under the Act.

For years, the Integrity Commission has been wrestling with delinquent Parliamentarians who have failed to submit declarations or documents to substantiate their claims.

Comment

Di 2 a dem fi feel di full force a di law!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

ease offah mi Minstah !

If yuh like yuh toe dem..

Comment

Hey Ben did Scrappy Danny give you a ride in the X6 or the Yacht?

Comment

who ?

Him ah Ministah ?

ah wheh di.. !?

Comment

Cho you no know what a gwan.

Comment

Working...
              X