A serious reason why to consider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A serious reason why to consider

sometimes who you are talking to and sometimes and what a little "joke" can mean.

A few years ago I shared office with a co-worker who at the time just started to work for the company I was working for. In the begining we spoke a lot as he told me he worked with Sly and Robbie as a recording engineer. He had love for music and seemed a cool guy. His wife was considered one of the top 5 most influencial women in Rock Music as she worked with one of the top Rock Producers.

This guy started off good and we did some project that the company liked. All of a sudden he started slacking off, coming in late, missing on Fridays etc. I realise he had some problems. I was upset as now most of the work began to fall on me, I spoke to him and my boss but kept it very professional although I was very upset about the happenings.

He was fired after a while, saw him after and he told me things are looking up. Anyhow the story ended six months later this guy awaited his wife shot her serveral times, shot his dog and killed himself. Never heard him talk about guns, killing or anything like that. Now consider if I had dealth with him unprofessional? If there was blow out.

Anyhow the point I am trying to make is sometimes you never know who people are and when they are serious and when they are not and becareful how far you go with people, and while it might get you a laugh or some self gratification sometimes remember not everybody think like you.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

One thing I have found out about the work enviroment we all work in , its not the work that is hard , but its the personalities we work with.

That said I have worked with alot of hard personalities and tried my best to be professional at all times ,and i wonder to myself how many see me in the same light.

Always keep it professional.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
      sometimes who you are talking to and sometimes and what a little "joke" can mean.

A few years ago I shared office with a co-worker who at the time just started to work for the company I was working for. In the begining we spoke a lot as he told me he worked with Sly and Robbie as a recording engineer. He had love for music and seemed a cool guy. His wife was considered one of the top 5 most influencial women in Rock Music as she worked with one of the top Rock Producers.

This guy started off good and we did some project that the company liked. All of a sudden he started slacking off, coming in late, missing on Fridays etc. I realise he had some problems. I was upset as now most of the work began to fall on me, I spoke to him and my boss but kept it very professional although I was very upset about the happenings.

He was fired after a while, saw him after and he told me things are looking up. Anyhow the story ended six months later this guy awaited his wife shot her serveral times, shot his dog and killed himself. Never heard him talk about guns, killing or anything like that. Now consider if I had dealth with him unprofessional? If there was blow out.

Anyhow the point I am trying to make is sometimes you never know who people are and when they are serious and when they are not and becareful how far you go with people, and while it might get you a laugh or some self gratification sometimes remember not everybody think like you.
      What's the real moral of this nice anecdote?

A. Certain guy on yah lucky seh yuh ah nuh Shotta ar one Coke U graduate cause dem skull wudda bore lang time tru dem diss yuh??

B. You have sufficiently recovered from your ego bruises to start posting again?

C. Both A & B

Step Up an Fess Up
      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Yu no easy at all....

Comment

Mantu Man is soo unjust..

Comment

never been a shotta and have no intenton to be.

I had no bruise ego. I just simply don't deal with disrepect. The only reason why I continue to post is because of some of the good forumites I have worked with or correspond with through the years. Nothing else.

The fact is some people take things everything serious so I just don't go there and will keep my space.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

you always keep it professional?!? pum-pum face is professional!?!?!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Ouch....somebady mash yuh corn...lol..giving the context of professionalism I was giving to manuever by a moderator, I didnt tell yuh about yuh madda.

I did say ...I tried my best.
                THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Point taken. welcome back

Comment

Welcome back Sass. I for one am glad you neva reach for the chainsaw or crocodile (joke). When it's all said and done it's just an internet forum so welcome back fi real.
                    The foregoing message was approved by Rudi and his Portland legal team.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                      never been a shotta and have no intenton to be.

I had no bruise ego. I just simply don't deal with disrepect. The only reason why I continue to post is because of some of the good forumites I have worked with or correspond with through the years. Nothing else.

The fact is some people take things everything serious so I just don't go there and will keep my space.
                      So you post only for "good" forumites?

Mi si yuh pawdie

hmmm...mi wonda if mi mek di cut

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudi View Post
                        Welcome back Sass. I for one am glad you neva reach for the chainsaw or crocodile (joke). When it's all said and done it's just an internet forum so welcome back fi real.
                        The foregoing message was approved by Rudi and his Portland legal team.
                        LOL... whaapen tuh yuh USA-based attorney dem??

Comment

Any Sass related issues I engage my Portland based legal team. They are on constant retainer. Next ting you hear say mi have fi join a prominent Brownman in the Cockpit country. No Baba can't afford that at all.

Comment

I think Sass is trying to tell me something...time to give up the cockpit country and migrate now...anywhere but Boston i should be safe

Comment

Welcome back Sass. ....and remember some posts are worth IGNORING!
                              Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                              - Langston Hughes

Comment

Working...
                              X