speaking of hotels... scaly, my friend stayed at

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speaking of hotels... scaly, my friend stayed at

alhambra inn for about 8 days and it was a good experience... i actually ended up spending 5 days there too due to de location... nice and quiet and one away... nice likkle hideout... would definitely go back there and i would recommend it... had a homely feel to it with lots of memorabilia of times past... very interesting collection of old stuff all around...
    'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Hey Baddaz - is my schoolmate own and operate the place. Everytime I land in Kingston, I go there for my breakfast. And if I have a mid-day flight, I stop and collect my food, then proceed to the airport.
    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
    - Langston Hughes

Comment

Originally posted by Baddaz View Post
      alhambra inn for about 8 days and it was a good experience... i actually ended up spending 5 days there too due to de location... nice and quiet and one away... nice likkle hideout... would definitely go back there and i would recommend it... had a homely feel to it with lots of memorabilia of times past... very interesting collection of old stuff all around...
      Glad you ahd a good expierence like I said I have never stayed there, always wanted to. Everytime I go for drinks and brunch I spend hrs looking at all the memorabilia.

Comment

Thanks for this Baddaz. Someone was just this week asking me about somewhere decent but not too expensive to overnight in town.
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

look like dem stay busy wid diffrent functions and private parties... de peeple who work there nice... de breakfast buffet was excellent... mi eat some run dung dat was really nice... jamaican ting... mi was mostly out and just come een fi sleep but de place comfortable... it deh pon mi list fi one away hideout now cause it small (only 20 rooms) and a person affi have a reason fi deh deh... no iglers...

Comment

mdmex, yuh a talk bout miss clarke... she is nice... tell mi seh ar family into education... a she tell mi seh jamaica a grow good quality fruits and veggies dat dem used tuh import... an shi only buy locally grown tings now cause de quality up deh...

Comment

yeah man... mi recommend it... is not nuh 5-star ting but it more dan comfortable... clean and safe... full a ole time tings pon de premises... will bring back memories of how people used tuh live back in time... if yuh can think of it, it deh pon de premises... all tings weh yuh long figet bout deh deh...

Comment

Well, it look like some TSA people chest too high. Dem complain bout di place till me did haffi put dem inna some New Kingston place that I didn't think was so special, apart from maybe dem Jamaican breakfast!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

For cheap accomodations in the heart of Kingston, there is a guest appartment complex smack dab in New Kingston. I think Balmoral Ave (forgive me, the memory going now). It has its own automatic security gate opener that comes with the apt. Nothing fancy, just basic amenities, but it's an option to staying at one of the bigger and more expensive hotels in Kgn.
                  Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

jangle find out more about it and share it with me... i met up with a friend whose sister has a place in new kingston that she rents as well... my friend says her sister's place has its own kitchen too... i hope to find out more about it...

its good to have a ready listing of these places because people are always looking for rentals... a friend of mine in kingston rents cars reasonable too...

Comment

Originally posted by Baddaz View Post
                      mdmex, yuh a talk bout miss clarke... she is nice... tell mi seh ar family into education... a she tell mi seh jamaica a grow good quality fruits and veggies dat dem used tuh import... an shi only buy locally grown tings now cause de quality up deh...

Same person - Sonia Clarke (nee Gray). Irie Portland lady from Swift River. Yes they cater a lot of functions there, and staff is nice!
                      - Langston Hughes

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                        For cheap accomodations in the heart of Kingston, there is a guest appartment complex smack dab in New Kingston. I think Balmoral Ave (forgive me, the memory going now). It has its own automatic security gate opener that comes with the apt. Nothing fancy, just basic amenities, but it's an option to staying at one of the bigger and more expensive hotels in Kgn.

Well, try and remember the name nuh, even if it means scratching yuh head a few times
                        - Langston Hughes

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                          Well, it look like some TSA people chest too high. Dem complain bout di place till me did haffi put dem inna some New Kingston place that I didn't think was so special, apart from maybe dem Jamaican breakfast!
                          Yuh see who the Moderator hanging with these days Do your thing......
                          - Langston Hughes

Comment

yes, she same one... some peeple call her miss gray...

Comment

heh heh... its a matter of expectations... truth be told, for the cost of staying at alhambra, you could get a room in ochi at rooms on the beach, which would be a relatively newer place on the beach and all dat... but is kingston wi talking bout and a similar hotel to rooms would be twice the cost... alhambra & altamont court inna de same price category except altamont court is a little more modern... but alhambra isn't trying to be modern... they like de old charm... alhambra is closer to stadium, more peaceful and secluded, has better food...

Comment

Working...
                              X