RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dat mi seh tuh... who nuh si dat blind...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MdmeX View Post
    Encouraged to spend more............ Depends on the goods being offered.

Most tourists DON'T want anymore tee-shirts, straw goods, etc. particularly those in the 40+ age group. I will spend money on tours, but not on "junk" item (that's my opinion)!
    point taken... however, those things you mention will still need to be available as not every tourist will be the same... the key is to have more authentic jamaican offerings... quality art, attractions, structured tours, interactive events... upgraded local shops catering to the tourists... eliminate the harassment of tourists... all this can be achieved with more creative marketing...
    'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Originally posted by MdmeX View Post
      Encouraged to spend more............ Depends on the goods being offered.

Most tourists DON'T want anymore tee-shirts, straw goods, etc. particularly those in the 40+ age group. I will spend money on tours, but not on "junk" item (that's my opinion)!
      Post of the .... year!!!!! Thank you MDMEX.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

This is where the Entertainment, Sports and Agriculture work as a synergy with Tourism. I have been saying this (here) for years that we need to change our thinking of why visitors travel to foreign countries. It is not just about the sun, sand and sea.
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

eliminate the harassment of tourists..

it can be dun.. but den people will seh yuh ah fight gainst black man and man haffi eat a food..

Good Luck..

Beep Beep !!

Comment

... and why is it that I can't get local fruits in the hotels in Jamaica? Now everbody knows that I LOVE my naseberries and my sweet sop, oatheite apple etc., but everytime I'm at the hotel - I have to go search the streets and market to get these.

Why can't these items be introduced.... I don't want to see kiwi and American apple.

My sister did 3 stints in Thailand, and she tells me that the hotels made sure to have local fruits. When she tell me how much sweet sop she eat, mi mouth wata..........
            Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
            - Langston Hughes

Comment

at a foreign owned hotel i visited recently, i was told that it was the hotel management who made those decisions about the sourcing of food... couldn't get nuh jamaican food pon de regular... the cook said they were getting lots of complaints and they were being sent to the decison makers...

however, there should be more jamaican food and fruits at these hotels... that should be a major objective... i understand from a hotel owner that jamaica now grows good quality cantelope, broccoli and cauliflower locally...

Comment

poor yuh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Wow now for the execution. How do you encourage the tourist to spend in the ultra all inclusive? Tourism cannot be successful in isolation.

Comment

i think we've got to treat tourism in jamaica as two divisions in competition... the all-inclusives and the all-jamaica... the all-inclusives have their market and the all-jamaica need to develop their market... the all-jamaica needs to get in gear and make people want to experience the full jamaica experience... jamaica the ultimate fun experience... further reduction of crime cause security is paramount... clean up and beautify the place... educate all jamaicans about tourists and tourism and what it means to them and jamaica... creative target marketing... let the all-inclusives compete against that new and improved jamaica...

Comment

poor mi ?.. yuh nuh si Digicel tun Billionaire offa dem..

Comment

wow.. have to send dis off tuh the relevant players ASAP !!

Comment

Having travelled a little bit recently, the Hip Strip in Mobay is looking more and more like a ghetto. It needs some serious work.

And we have to get the tourists in Kingston, on the waterfront, drinking latte and chawklit tea!

So, Bunting, deal wid di crime. Who fi get extradite, beg yuh nuh waste nuh time!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Yuh would duh well at di 3 Card ting..

Now is Petah fixing di Economy and Bunting dealing wid Crime...

Wheh Danai.. dem should mek him a Senatah.. den him can tek ovah from Bunting.. but den mi hear is Skeng Bunting owe him seat tuh... mek dem draw straw..

lol ! woiee !! Mi Tripe !

Comment

Mo, do I have your vote on my Kingston-as-the-number-one-destination-in-the-Caribbean ticket?
                              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

definitely... the hip strip has now become the s hit strip... it desperately needs a rehab...

just this morning i was thinking about downtown kingston... something needs to be done about the vendors in the storefronts... yuh cant even identify any store... de streets need cleaning and de drains cleared... dung deh smell bad... a long time dat mi know but krise can we make a change if we want to have tourists... and de arcades need some reorganization... spend on a spacious structure to hold these vendors and collect tax revenues, widening the revenue net... so much that can be done... people been sleeping...

Comment

Working...
                                X