JDIP: JLP did Tun it Up!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JDIP: JLP did Tun it Up!!

... Fiscal Responsibility tuh di Werl!!!

JDIP funds almost done — Davies
    BY ALICIA DUNKLEY senior staff reporter dunkleya@jamaicaobserver.com
    Tuesday, January 24, 2012

TRANSPORT and Works Minister Omar Davies, has revealed that almost the full US$400 million for the Jamaica Development Infrastructure Programme JDIP has already been spent.

Davies told Parliament that as at December last year the combination of funds actually disbursed, work orders certified for payment and and the value of the works committed amounts to just over US$398 million.

"This means that if as minister I accepted the status quo, all but US$1.8 million of the US$400 million loan which was scheduled to be expended over a five year period would have been totally completely committed before the end of the second year of the programme," Davies said, "Let me make it abundantly clear I am speaking on behalf of the administration that we will not accept this situation," he added.

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...#ixzz1kPnsEX43
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

suh JEEP write off ?

lol ! woiee !

So much for my containah of Eye Lash !

rath...

Comment

dem did gell-hup wid hit!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

suh di money spend pon road ahready.. dem mussi di site di rake dat di PNP woulda try dip innah it !

lol ! woiee ! Tom Drunk but him nuh fool..

Comment

Its obvious the JLP plan was to borrow its way out of debt ....SMH(CLOWNS).Blame the PNP beg ,borrow and mortgage the future away.

Butch told them,invest in your exporters,not even dat.Clowns! No wonder the IMF deal was mum,not a word!

Any government that goes back to the IMF deserves to be voted out.
          THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

This can't be true. I need to see a letterhead. This couldn't be the financially prudent managers that were going to take Jamaica to the promised land. Could someone ask Andrew to explain please? In less than four years Brownman time brought Bolt-like speed to corruption. Jamaican tax payers unuh fi hug up that $400 million. No wonder nuff a dem a retire.
            Let's see who does some jail time.
            Could the usual suspects..... I mean apologists please explain. Nuff a dem better apply back fi dem citizenship. Those who not under extradition requests that is.

Comment

When dem ah seh.. di work done too quick ?

Careful how yuh fallah di politricians.. dem will twiss yuh up di way yuh gullible ahready..

Comment

really ? how was it obvious ?

yuh have a URL for dat ?

Comment

If this is true, it would be the Mother of Scandals. How much dem say Kern tief?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

what is the scandal.. dat PNP cyaan dip innah it...??

Comment

Originally posted by Muadib View Post
                      what is the scandal.. dat PNP cyaan dip innah it...??

Yuh seeit...where is the scandal...Davies said that all but $1.8 million of the fund has been committed...he cited work orders and work already completed...maybe we need fi bring back JAMAL fi teach di comrades how to read

Comment

Listened to the presentation in parliament yesterday...alot of Project overuns but bottomline most of the work is still in progress or not started..I think they said they only paid out about 160 million so far so many contractors waiting to get paid...Also just under 200 of the work is not started and the plan is to change some of those where possible

Comment

whatevah !

This is the Mother of All Scandals.. ask Mo...

Comment

I done explain it last week, but people refuse fi read.
                            Committed and spent are 2 different things! Forward commitment happen every day.

Omar himself left massive off budget commitments in 2007, related to wage increases he granted and bus purchases. Plus Millwood bus company legal sekklement. How quickly people forget!

There is no evidence of malfeasance.

It could have happened, but no one has presented any proof yet.

As to disappointment about Jeep funding, who in dem right mind expected this money to be left for jeeping. Politicians dont pay dat.

Comment

Tenk Q sah.

Is like people dont understand simple finance.

Comment

Working...
                              X