No announcement yet.

no more imf borrowing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jamaica always had a balance of payment problem and it didnt stop us from walking away from the IMF in the 90s.Fiscal respsonsibilty means you live within your means ,renegotiatiing the terms of paying off debt is nothing new,it seems forgein to the JLP.

The Imf has stated under the 1.3 billion dollar loan agreement that the government has to slash before it will get the monies agreed upon.It has recieved a portion of that money ,the other portion is dependent on the government slashing.

Now Phillips has said he will not seek further loans from the IMF, my understanding is the 1.3 billion borrowed under the JLP is the last of this.

Now the pnp has the option on the table to renegotiate it ,however they believe they can,any businessman who tells you its non negotiable is a fool,all deals are negotiable.

I applaud Phillips,we need to buckle up, interest rates have fallen even more since the JLP came into power,deals can be renegotiated on the international market ,oppourtunities are there.B O P can also be renegotiated no ?

I understand its forgein to some of you ,but this game is for skilled negotiators.

Call me the clown and when Phillips pulls it off call me a..........
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

deals can be negotiated on the international market ??

yuh mean back to borrowing higher interest rate loans ??

No controls so dat Peter can run wid it like Omar did ?

Look like yuh nuh know what clock a strike on the 'international market'

lol ! woiee..

You are a real clown.. IMF cannot touch our own leggo beast dem..

Get your head out of your nether regions..

Comment

when last you answer a simple question on this forum?!?!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

no more quotes this morning?!?

tek time!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

wait yuh turn.. tek a numbah..

Comment

Thank you sir !

18 years.
              THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

funny stuff!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

TenQ sah!

Comment

Dem samfie yuh.

Read the reports, him seh no more standby agreement, him aggo negotiate and extended funding agreement wid the same imf. LoL

Comment

Working...
                    X