Time for a level playing field in telecoms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time for a level playing field in telecoms

A lightly edited address by LIME Jamaica Chairman Chris Dehring to the Roraty Club of Kingston on January 19, 2012.

YESTERDAY, a life-long dream of mine actually came true. I've finally got the chance to quote Mark Twain's famous line.

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/colum...#ixzz1kAz3Vj8G

The fellow has apparently been reading my posts and is parroting my line
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Clearly !

lol !

Him probably did guh good school..

Comment

Perhaps

But just more proof that your analyses & prognostications are woeful & laughable failures ... not that any further proof was needed subsequent to Driva's colossal & embarrassing stupidities... But doan tap atall!!! LOL

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Oh, one your good friends? A well-thought out talk..but to whom is he preaching?

Comment

and i agree 100% with what he said... and, it tells me that you know about the telecom industry... in a previous post i said govt should eliminate the interconnect charges and let the companies compete on service and quality... eliminate, was meant in the context of the competition, since there are revenues generated for stakeholders (govt, investors, etc) with the charge... the interconnect should be the same for all companies and it would not be a weapon in any powerplay and be a barrier to additional entrants to the space... dehring has it right... service, quality, innovation, products, marketing should be where the battle is fought and jamaica and the jamaican consumers will be the beneficiaries...

there are next generation mobile systems on the horizon... imt-advanced that will make 4g look like dial up... jamaica telecom environment has to be such that companies can bring these technologies to the the people...
            'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

i think he is preaching to the ignorant and misinformed... digicel has done an excellent job of making themself appear to be the be all and end all in mobile telecom in jamaica...

i was in jamaica for 8 days and not once did i meet a person with a lime phone... and when i unlocked my phone and needed a sim card, eveybody directed me to digicel... why, because it was cheaper for them to call me if i am on digicel and i could transfer credits and all the benefits of being on the same network... plain foolishness...

Comment

It sounds like he is on a campaign to educate the general public about the real issues at stake.
                "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Righteous.

But the informed ignoramuses were here spouting BS about Carlos Slim and his deal making... as if that's an agenda we should genuflect to...
                  The Jamaican telecom market MUST be regulated in a way that enhances competition AND protects the consumer...mek Carlos & Denis O'Brien dem learn dat.... Chawklit Tea wi seh...mek Latte guhwhey

Comment

Chawklit Tea wi seh
                    mi laff everytime mi si dat...

nutten more nuh need fi seh odda dan dis weh yuh seh...

'The Jamaican telecom market MUST be regulated in a way that enhances competition AND protects the consumer...'

Comment

Working...
                    X