Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College student collapses and dies in class on 21st birthday

College student collapses and dies in class on 21st birthday

"Thank you God for another year of life," Gardner-Webb University student Ariane Noelle Patterson tweeted some seven hours before collapsing

A North Carolina student college student suddenly collapsed and died in class on her 21st birthday on Tuesday afternoon.

"Thank you God for another year of life," Gardner-Webb University student Ariane Noelle Patterson tweeted some seven hours before becoming short of breath and falling to the floor during her religious studies class, Charlotte's WSOC TV reports.
    Thank you God for a nother year of life
    — Ariane Patterson (@iamANP117) January 17, 2012
    Patterson was taken to Cleveland Regional Medical Center, where she was pronounced dead, the news station reports.

Cleveland County Coroner Dwight Tessneer said Patterson died of a heart attack caused by lupus, a condition which she had suffered from since age 9, according to the Shelby Star.

"She would be so weak at times. I wanted to put myself in her place. I never let her see me cry," Patterson's mother Connie told the Shelby Star.
    School spokesman Noel Manning described the religious studies student as a devoted Christian with an infectious smile.

"It's really sad, but I know she's up there with Him now, smiling and having a good time," Ariane Patterson's friend told the Charlotte TV station.
    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
    - Langston Hughes
Working...
X