The Strong shall help The Weak:The Gospel ascordin to Ronnie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
    Yes I would think it would be a lot more than those 4 that are failing.

I am guessing that those must be totally dysfunctional for him to have identified them in that way?
    the entire shitstem is dysfunctional and needs reform
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

how much dem cost?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

LoL

Yuh nuh have nuh sense of humah???

Comment

Instead of "forcing" high school status on the secondary skools (we dont have sufficient academic teaching capacity at this time anyway), we should have made a play for TECHNICAL/Vocational teacher training and gradually transformed these schools into specialzed technical academies, ie for auto mechanics, HVAC, butchery and baking sciences, culinery academies, draftsmen academies, paralegal academies, physical sciences academies, machinist academies, customs and export brokering, basic tax administration, hospitality, medical assistance skills, construction craftsmanship, agro sciences, mining sciences, etc.

They would each be specialized with competitive entry. The students would leave with concrete skills and still have a basic school leaving certificate if they wanted to get on the academic track later if so inclined and capable. The schools would conform to where they actually are situated, thus Pipine High could have had a medical/computer tech predisposition, as would any school near KPH and Cornwall Regional. The ones near the hotels would focus on hospitality/culinery, the ones near sugar cane plantations should have an agro bent, the ones near bauxite mines and near semi-precious mining areas should focus on mining tech, the ones near our dwindled manufacturing base should focus on machinist technology/robotics etc. Kingston would have to have at least one of each due to its density and logistical situation.

This way, the new emerging schools would have its own niche, identity and immediate "cachet" (attractiveness). They would not try (and fail) to compete with trad. high schools and would provide marketable skills to the graduates and a clear link between effort and ultimate reward ( a decent job with a future and even an overseas option). Of course, to get the most out of this, we would have to concurrently create an apprenticeship system to solidify the link between theory and industry practice (as well as employee skills/atttutudes/expected behaviour).

This is not to say that these schools will ignore the basics. There would still have to be a basic academic foundation with maths and the 3Rs, but the focus and the emphasis will be on the attainment of a marketable life skill that will help the students and Jamaica. What Jamaica cant absorb, will be marketable to other countries of the "output" is of a sufficiently high standard.

This will help us to formally fix our problem of haphazard output of skilled tradesmen/craftsmen who are largely unregulated and of variable quality. The trick is to make the curriculum come alive. Undoubtedly will find many "einsteins" who will help to revolutionize our thinking in these areas and advance the practices thru innovations (both in the teacher ranks and the student ranks). Anyone recall how Buckley went to KTHS and could barely afford it, but turned out to be a Fullbright Scholar, Math prof and Actuary?

Comment

Righteous... love dat

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Where is Buckley these days? I remember Wiggan writing a few years ago that he was starting some kind of academy for maths and other CXC subject preparation.

I used to love to listen to that breddah talk bout maths and science when I was at UWI. He had some over-the-top ideas at times but that is how those brilliant minds work.
              "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Dunno, I would love to know as well.

Can you give an example of one of his over the top ideas?

Comment

nope

Comment

Well the ones I remember were probably based on scientific theory (I dont really know for sure) but for mortals like us just out of high school they sounded over the top. He would try to explain us how it is physically possible for humans to levitate and walk through walls, things like that.
                    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Awright poindestah...

ah see that yuh wus the bifocal spectacles wearer that sat in the front seat and bring teacher ripe mango everyday! LoL

Comment

snicker. I bet he never gave hi-grades!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
                          Awright poindestah...

ah see that yuh wus the bifocal spectacles wearer that sat in the front seat and bring teacher ripe mango everyday! LoL
                          ongly fi di phat female teacha dem...but no mango.... ripe banana mi seh

Comment

LoL

Comment

mention my name.. they will give you a discount.. what subjects yuh waan tek ?

Comment

i did. they called security!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                                X