The Strong shall help The Weak:The Gospel ascordin to Ronnie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
    The argument is, why should any of these schools have a 6th form? Why not just give them a community college among themselves?
    It is a valid question. 6th forms are a very inefficient model in many rural schools. Back in my days it was not unusual to have some 6th form subject classes with 3-4 students at my school. On my last visit there I noticed that there were a lot more people in 6th form so it wasn't so bad but I would think there are many schools not too different from that. The other problem we sometimes had was that for A level subjects like Physics and Economics sometimes there would be no teacher for a month or two.

This is where I would love to see communications technology being used to address some of these problems. It shouldn't take a lot to put CSEC and CAPE video tutorials online would it, or are they already there? Then schools could access them whether as a supplement or as an alternative for having a full time teacher.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

LoL

Him ah idea tief!...Is not even a month ago we were discussing this very thing,,,indeed with the very same schools as examples. I suggested Alpha and StGC helping HT, only the KC inclusion is additional.

Comment

Yuh tun american now?

You have a set standard. those above pass, those below fail.

Reality of life that politically correct words cant change!

Now for a politician, they DO have to be more politically sensitive, but for us here, it is better to call a spade a spade.

Comment

Ah suh? I stand corrected
          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
            That is definitely something worth trying.
            dat sound like anedda vote

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

To be fair, Jawge posted this type of thing on the forum years ago.

Comment

But him never used Jawges. LoL

Yes, I think I recall that thread too, so him can get a big cut of the props...LoL

Comment

StGC and Alpha did this at 6th form way back in the late 1970s.

Dr. Orville Taylor did 8 level Art there and nuff ladies took A Level Physics at StGC.

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
                    But him never used Jawges. LoL

Yes, I think I recall that thread too, so him can get a big cut of the props...LoL
                    Props are properly due when you actually DO something...nuh choo?...not merely for Hot Air... dat too cheap

Comment

Den nuh politics wi talking bout?!?!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

yuh a beg top ah list..

lol !

Comment

papine high

Comment

In my day, the skool gospel was (sung to the tune of glory, glory, alleluiah):

Mine eyes have the glory of the burning of the skool
                            We have conquered all the teachers
                            We have broken all the rules
                            We plan to hang the Principal tomorrow afternoon
                            Da - skool - is - burning - down.
                            Glory, Glory, Alleluiah

Comment

strait blasphemy dat ..Fiya Bun unnu

Comment

Campion been helping di weak for years.. dem call it Campion Extra lessons..

Long time dem a share di knowledge..

Comment

Working...
                                X