The "oil" industry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "oil" industry

if virgin coconut oil is good for you, why don't we promote it more...sounds like an opportunity to me. look at how the mediterranean countries have cleaned up on olive oil..
    Peter R

Good question. The more relevant question though is why don't we produce it?. We can't promote something we don't produce. Virgin coconut oil is produced by a cold press technology that we do not have in Ja. This doesn't mean we can't acquire it. The final product is far more expensive than our boiled, and dangerous, coconut oil. As far as I know only countries with well developed coconut industries eg Thailand, Malasia and maybe the Phillipines produce virgin coconut oil and supply the entire world. We could get a piece of that pie, no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
      if virgin coconut oil is good for you, why don't we promote it more...sounds like an opportunity to me. look at how the mediterranean countries have cleaned up on olive oil..
      I had that identical thought a month ago.

Was puthy-sitting ( as in a home alone puthy cat ) at a lady friend's apartment in Harlem and wen mi check har kitchen mi sight one bokkle ah "organic coconut oil".. bout 6 ounce fi all $9

Mi run ah likkle boat wid dat an di aroma was outrageous...an di yude finga lickin'!!

So much can be done by Jamaica with good natural/organic premium priced products and good marketing ... a gold mine

Oh my Kingdom but for some leaders wid ah likkle Vision
      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Yes Don vision. As long as Seprod can make a profit from a large scale version of granny coconut oil don't expect any research or procurement of technology for making good quality cold pressed oil, but make a little man decide to buy a small machine to start doing it and you see how quickly seprod jump in and buy the latest and biggest machine from Malaysia , with government tax relief, and boast how they have the biggest cold pressed coconut oil plant in the west blah blah blah. The little man gets squeeze, and the corrupt government stand by and promote monopoly disguised as free enterprise system. Free for whom.

Comment

100% on point bredrin.

Mi chant itinually dat our private sector is just as myopic & backward as the politicians.. they come from the same stock so it's inevitable..but for a few notable exceptions

Sad aint it...

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

... thanks for expanding the post with the more pertinent question... I wonder how much a cold press system costs?

On a tangential point I went for a ride (not on a puthy Don1 alright I will behave) this morning on the bicycle the wife got me for Christmas and stupid me figget mi wata... so I bought a jelly coconut from a man "round de savanah", it was sweet and refreshing, both the water and the jelly... so I was about to ask for another one when I heard him tell the couple next to me " das tirty dalla" ( about $5US) ..mi nearly drop because all I had (being on the bike) was some small change... any I gave him what I had which was $14 TT. The usual price is $5 which is less tha $1US... so i asked him why the raise... "carnival price"... LOL but tripling the price for carnival? look like i will have to ride out of town for a cheap or reasonable water coconut.

So if we are going to produce any kind of coconut oil that price would definitely sway any entrepreneur away from the venture unless of course the consumer market will pay top dollar for virgin coconut oil.
            Peter R

Comment

On a tangential point I went for a ride (not on a puthy Don1
              LOL

So if we are going to produce any kind of coconut oil that price would definitely sway any entrepreneur away from the venture unless of course the consumer market will pay top dollar for virgin coconut oil.
              As a premium product the Jamaican market would be tiny.... inconsequential

But the export trade could be significant. Would need a superior product and the building of a credible BRAND identity over time with appropriate marketing...backed up by the enduring mystique & attraction of Jamaica

Comment

So you a de 'Cat Whisperer'?

Comment

Originally posted by Exile View Post
                  So you a de 'Cat Whisperer'?
                  Mi fi whispa pon cat?

Dat soun suspicious...lika one Bow Cat ting dat

Don1 nuh inna dat

Comment

Working...
                  X