No announcement yet.

Brigadistas all over again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are right, US infrastructure has been neglected and in many areas is badly in need of upgrade.

Other then the more recent issue of budget constraints, the big problem is that politically it is difficult to get any major project done. Last major airport in the US was built in the late 70s/early 80s i hear, you know how much air traffic has increased since then?

High speed rail? Forget that. Power plants? Forget that. Too many powerful people with opposing interests. Congress is bought and paid for by special interests.

The US infrastructure today is basically what was built in the 1950s and 60s.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

As a former engineer of sorts, even my US professors used to tell us that US highways were not nearly as well built as those in Europe. I am sure Asia may have taken it to even another level!

If only some of us would get out some more. The US is not it any more!!! In some things, yes, but the rest of the world has caught up and surpassed it in many areas! Indeed, software engineers in other parts of the world are exporting their work to America these days, when 10 years ago it used to be in the other direction only.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
        Yuh need fi move roun merica more. Yuh talking where yuh live or Europe on a whole? It's okay let's just focus an Ja right now. Without earnings circulating throughout the whole population all plans are doomed, maintenance would be very low and progress but a fleeting illusion.
        America's infrastructure is in a woeful state.... an absolute crisis requiring trillions to address
        TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
          As a former engineer of sorts, even my US professors used to tell us that US highways were not nearly as well built as those in Europe. I am sure Asia may have taken it to even another level!

If only some of us would get out some more. The US is not it any more!!! In some things, yes, but the rest of the world has caught up and surpassed it in many areas! Indeed, software engineers in other parts of the world are exporting their work to America these days, when 10 years ago it used to be in the other direction only.
          Frogs don't know when they're a-boil

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Okay point very well taken. How do you propose thtat one tackle Ja's problem of water storage and distribution? Seeing that water still has to be transported to some rural sectors of Ja. Thanks.

Comment

Both the NWA and the Water Resources Authority have substantial plans but no money

The appropriate infrastructure fixes an expansion need to be funded...

Comment

Westman has explained this many times. Jamaica does not have water shortage.. they have distribution problems... they have floods and droughts.. maye we use the jeep to fix it.

Comment

Yuh haffi ax permission from di chiney man fuss.

Comment

I am aware of the supply vs distribution issue...Jamaica being overlaid primarily with porous limestone leading to huge underground water reserves but juss a likkle pon top

JEEP will have nothing to do with addressing this unfortunately

Comment

i was being sarcastic with the jeep thing... as i think we need to think long term.

Comment

then you are back to my point about Ja's wealth floating away to distant places. ah well.

Comment

Actually I just meant that the water system needs attention

Comment

ok boss

Comment

Working...
                            X