X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Lucas says Hollywood won't support black films‎ Geor

George Lucas says Hollywood won't support black films‎

George Lucas has invested $93m (£60m) of his own money into the movie
    Director George Lucas says it took 20 years to get his latest film made, "because it's an all-black movie".

Speaking on The Daily Show, Lucas said he had to self-fund Red Tails, the true story of a group of African-American pilots who fought in World War II.

He claimed major film studios would not back the movie because "there's no major white roles in it at all".

"I showed it to all of them and they said, 'No. We don't know how to market a movie like this,'" he said.

"They don't believe there's any foreign market for it, and that's 60% of their profit," he added.

Lucas co-wrote and produced Red Tails, which which was directed by Anthony Hemingway.

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C...-8&q=Red+Tails
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

I can believe that.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

huh?

Comment

I don't blame them...there is no overseas returns in it for them...if George Lucas wanna gamble with his money a fi him choice dat...

Comment

Ah suh Babylon di Bandit stay...Fiya bun Follywood
          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Black people generally support comedies like Tyler Perry's drag queen Madea. Dramas are not high on the movie list.
            Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

So true.

I enjoy "Madea Goes to Jail" as much as the next person but if we don't support these kinds of films as well how can we really expect anyone else to?
              "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                So true.

I enjoy "Madea Goes to Jail" as much as the next person but if we don't support these kinds of films as well how can we really expect anyone else to?
                What's Madea goes to Jail? A movie?

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

You serious?

Well it started out life as a Tyler Perry touring play along with other "classics" like Madeas Family Reunion and Diary of a Mad Black Woman.

They were all remade as movies after Perrys bootleg DVDs became popular on the streets of New Orleans, LA and other black cultural hubs. I am proud to say I was one of the early fans of the bootleg DVDs and in so doing helped to make Perry the millionaire he is today.

The rest is history as they say.

Comment

I am serious...I never heard of that movie.

I've heard people mention the name Tyler Perry but I thought it was some white guy...is dem usually name "Tyler" and was never interested enuff to probe what dat was about

I block out most pop garbage I guess

Comment

he's on his way to becoming a billionaire. The Madea series won't win much conventional accolades but it's a big hit amongst the black population and it launched Tyler Perry into second tier of Hollywood. He's a savvy businessman and he set up his own studio in Atlanta. He is also in partnership with Oprah.
                      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Good for him

Comment

I would never spend a dime to watch his movies at the theater, I'd prefer to spend my money on some other mind altering event.
                          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Not all his movies are based on Coonery Bufoonery as Spike Lee calls them. He has made a few decent ones recently now that he has more of a budget to work with.

For Colored Girls and Daddys Little Girls are quite well done. I also enjoyed Why Did I Get Married 1 and 2

Comment

Fi real...dat bredda is a eediat...

Comment

Working...
                              X