Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Progressive thinking on the debt

1) Legalise a herb for medicinal use

2)Legalise dispensaries in the Island $50.00 a year(to be renewed annually)
    Dispensaries only have to show that they can produce a pound of ganja, in other words you can grow it in your backyard.

3,000,000million people * 50 us =150,000,000 us =12,750,000,000 JMD profit no tax
    Tax on registration would be lets say 5%.

a)Revenue from yearly registration
    b)Revenue from tax.

(even if a third of the population apply for registration thats is real money)

3)Revenue from agricultural purchase of materials to harvest ganja , plus tax

Revenue from sale for Ganja ?
    1a) Local
    2b) Forgein

We could multiply the registration fee * 4 to see the revenue gained.That is astronomical.

Ganja economics, laugh at it , mock it , scorn it , but dont deny it is not a viable alternative or solution to our economic mess.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Any port in a storm.

Cant rule out any remedy just cause of sentimentality...

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
      1) Legalise a herb for medicinal use

Dispensaries only have to show that they can produce a pound of ganja, in other words you can grow it in your backyard.

3,000,000million people * 50 us =150,000,000 us =12,750,000,000 JMD profit no tax

b)Revenue from tax.

1a) Local
      2b) Forgein

We could multiply the registration fee * 4 to see the revenue gained.That is astronomical.

Ganja economics, laugh at it , mock it , scorn it , but dont deny it is not a viable alternative or solution to our economic mess.

X, how yuh arrive at 3M ppl?
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Isnt that our population number ? if not I stand corrected but Like I said if even a third of that ....wi bathe!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

2.7m

Comment

the 2011 census out yet?

Comment

Go find it nuh?

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
                Isnt that our population number ? if not I stand corrected but Like I said if even a third of that ....wi bathe!
                ... but X ... you charging that $50.00 based on every man, woman and pickney being in the industry. Is that fair?
                "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Lazie again this is the third time , I said even if we get a third of that , we bathe.

Annually.

Comment

Use the workforce number 1.3m and if you add in retirees and enterprising teens, you get closer to the voter enumeration total of 1.6m.

That is a better starting base.

Comment

Legalise a herb for medicinal use
                      So doctors will prescribe?

Please explain this formulation...I don't understand.. some queries

1. What are the 3m/2.7m/1.6m people purchasing for $50/year...weed to address a medical issue? Unless they all have glaucoma I don't see where that level of demand will be

2. Why would masses of people purchase something for regular use (assuming they even like the product) when ANYONE would be able to get some seeds and grow it in their yard upon legalization? That fact alone will depress commercial sales...and prices.
                      Weed would become more like thyme...given away in the market with a purchase

b)Revenue from tax.

1a) Local
                      2b) Forgein

See the points above...I don't think these projections are viable

Not mocking it..but our economic and political environment doesn't support the case for weed being a saviour...or even a substantial player

Jamaica cannot produce wealth (except for a few big traders) by reselling a product on the local market...that's just recirculating the limited funds within the country

So Jamaica needs to access other people's income... i.e. export its products or services to create wealth...which is why traffickers try to export weed.... and small timers juggle wid it locally and might ongly eke out a living

Unfortunately an export led strategy for weed will not be successful... Babylon will not support that

We need other solutions I suggest.

Respek
                      Last edited by Don1; January 11, 2012, 03:06 PM.
                      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

not knocking your suggestion... however, i think manufacturing across the island would be more viable...
                        'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

people first have to be trained in the technologies of modern manufacturing

otherwise we won't be able to compete
                          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
                            What are the 3m/2.7m/1.6m people purchasing for $50/year...weed to address a medical issue? Unless they all have glaucoma I don't see where that level of demand will be

Well Bobby Brown say him use it fe him bipolar disorder....when him did feel like drop two kick pon Whitney him just smoke a spliff and dat calm him down.

So who knows, maybe legalizing the herb will help to reduce domestic violence as well
                            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

And before that people need a solid secondary education so that they are trainable in the first place.

Interestingly though I was listening to a podcast the other day about the manufacturing plants in China...you would be surprised how many of those electonic gadgets are assembled by old-fashioned manual labor. But them can do that because them have the an almost unlimited supply of workers and can work dem fe 120 hours a week and pay them slave wages with no bathroom breaks. Robotics still nuh reach dem level of efficiency yet, LOL.

After me finish listen the program me feel bad fe use me iPhone, nah tell no lie.
                              "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
                              X