Security Minister To Authorise Curfews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security Minister To Authorise Curfews

National security minister Peter Bunting says he will be signing several curfew orders in the coming days to help the security forces tackle the sharp increase in murders and shootings since the start of the year.

This is one of two measures the newly appointed minister announced yesterday after his first official meeting with Commissioner of Police Owen Ellington and Chief of Defence Staff Major General Antony Anderson.

He says the security force will also intensify their operations in all parishes to ensure the safety and security of law abiding citizens.

Mr Bunting also issued a warning to criminal elements within the society, saying the new administration will move decisively to stem the spike in murders and shootings.

More than 30 persons have been killed since the start of the year

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/latest/article.php?id=34402

I guess this upsurge in crime can be directly linked to the PNP! At the very least, it happened under their watch, right Lazie?

Anyway, Bunting needs to be aggressive and radical in his approach to crime.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

As long as he abides by the law and not use the upsurge in crime as an opportunity to specifically go after opposition communities. No safe haven for thugs.
      Last edited by Hortical; January 8, 2012, 01:11 PM.
      Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

that was what they did in the past? they went after opposition communities? or are you saying that is what the JLP govt. did when they went after the Klansman gang?

talk straight!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mo, English is your second language? My comment applies to both administrations.
          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Yes, English is my second language. Yours too!

Your post was not explicit. In other words, yuh neva gi wi di full 'undred in yuh post! Das why mi aks di question!

And tanks fi di clarification!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

LOL. Chat to him inna you first language yes.

Comment

zimi!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

You are such a poseur...never yet hear you speak patois...

Comment

Yes sah, LAW and Order!

After 07 election ah bare police ah dead. Now dis one ah civilian ah dead.

LANDLORD come!

Comment

that's because I am talking to you! why am I going to speak to you in a language you cannot understand?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

lol ! woieee !

Comment

Working...
                        X