Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pm Meets With Chinese Ambassador About Jdip

Kingston, January 7 2012

Prime Minister Portia Simpson Miller met with the Ambassador of the People’s Republic of China (PRC) to Jamaica, His Excellency Zheng Qingdian on Saturday, January 7, to discuss the Administration’s desire to make changes to the structure and implementation of the JDIP programme. This meeting is consistent with the commitment given prior to the General Elections that a PNP Administration would, as a matter of priority, initiate immediate contact with the Chinese Government about the project.

The Prime Minister was accompanied to the meeting by Dr. Omar Davies, Minister of Transport, Works & Housing, Dr. Peter Phillips, Minister of Finance & Planning and Mr. Robert Pickersgill, Minister of Water, Land & the Environment.

There was a frank exchange of views and the Ambassador committed to act immediately to present the Administration’s desires to the relevant authorities during his forthcoming visit to Beijing.

Originally posted by Skeng D View Post
    Kingston, January 7 2012

The Prime Minister was accompanied to the meeting by Dr. Omar Davies, Minister of Transport, Works & Housing, Dr. Peter Phillips, Minister of Finance & Planning and Mr. Robert Pickersgill, Minister of Water, Land & the Environment.
    The Unholy Trinity.. Ransacked FINSAC, 007 & Time of the Month
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

That's Hero Peter's name now? That could work!

Thank God for 007!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
        That's Hero Peter's name now? That could work!

Thank God for 007!
        From America with Love im seh!!
        Last edited by Don1; January 8, 2012, 11:24 AM.

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Looks like that discussion was more than just the current set of programs!

...seeking of assistance/further cooperation on infrastructure development - roads, water & sewage and more? ...capital investment for economic development? --- that 'hated' borrowing to among other things stimulate the economy - jobs, jobs, jobs?

Gwaaaaaan, Portia
          Last edited by Karl; January 8, 2012, 11:27 AM.
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

you have taken over from ben sass and lazie.

i will repeat ,i see nothing new but letters..jlp has been replaced with pnp
            THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Ah right. LANDLORD come!

Comment

Nah man,

On HER Majesty's secret service.
                LoL

Comment

Steeeeuuups.

Whilke I am glad fi small mercies, Missa Hu Jintao, now Prez and former number 2 tek time outta him busy schedule in 2005 fi pay wi a TWO day state visit and tell wi seh him waan mek Kingston China's Hemispheric shipping hub, establish light manufacturing and build a theme Park at Port Royal or Ft Agustus. A year and a half later mi hax di Trade Minister hwo come mi nuh hear no announcement yet. Him seh, beware of Chinese bearing gifts. Mi retort, Missa Ministah yuh get what yuh negotiate (a la Rwanda).

Di labarite dem do a bit better fi get the JDIP money, but still a drop in the bucket and dem tek forever fi even mek a dent inna it. We should have leased di dyam harbour for >USD$6B long time.

No cartwheels from me until dem show mi di dunzeye!

Too many false starts and PR governance.

Dis name 2012. New year, new attitude. If you cant perform, juss as cheap yuh pack yuh bags and go.

Comment

And as you mention Port Royal Willi - I hear so many saying that the Palisadoes work is unnecessary, as the money could be spent on roads elsewhere. I had to ask one woman, if she didn't think that Port Royal was ripe for development and that the new infrastructure is beneficial.

Damn - I was in Pt. Royal in December, and apart from Gloria's, the place is the same depressing, poverty stricken place that I remember visiting as a child.
                    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                    - Langston Hughes

Comment

The port can't be leased for $6B... I doubt that it could be sold for that...maybe half that or less...Plus it's heavily encumbered with debt.

With China on the hunt for foreign assets...and the Panama expansion making KCT even more attractive...why didn't the JLP in their 4 years leverage that asset as the PNP did not in the 20 months they had after Hu's visit .. before they were removed?? Obviously it's more complicated than meets the eye.

The JLP extracting $400m in loans from China to fix roads was a pure election ploy...they don't deserve much props for that imho

Comment

No man, the $6B is over the life of di 50 year lease and includes attendant investment. I roll the money inna one ball.

The number Hu quoted back then as indeed $10B, but mi deflate if to $6B due to the global meltdown in 2008...

Mi cuss labah fi not rushing things as well. The props is just due to the fact that they secured more, but as I said, still too little.

It most certain was NOT a play (at least from the Chinese).

As I told Mo, people labouring unda the delusion that the money is earmarked to fix Jakan roads in general. It is rather assigned to fix and build roads important to future CHINESE business. That is why the huge road from Palisados...fi move bulk goods and facilitate tansit to the development in Port Royal.

People need fi wake up and smell di coffee.

Comment

Yuhseeitttt!

People soon learn...

Comment

Hu quoted a number? Who reported on Hu"s quote? ...and what's on second?

Comment

In the words of the immortal Nelson (not the admiral),

"I cant recall". LoL

The number was bandied around at the time. Not sure the source, but it seems reasonable for the whole undiscounted package.

When Powahball seh yuh win $300m, you think you get dat inna yuh hand?

And if you go bank goh monetise dat, you lucky if dem giyuh half ah dat figgah!

Comment

Working...
                              X