No announcement yet.

$1.27 billion bailout agreement with the IMF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be honest it is a biggie , we get bogged down in linguistic,papered bureaucracy so much so that simple and good ideas get discarded for those with a better pronounciation of the idea but havent a clue on how to do said implementation...not a swipe at you , but an honest observation.Its what makes america great, the man of action always gets ahead in the business world.

I will remind you of Norman Manley..The JLP's Isaac Barrant was Jamaica's second minister of agriculture, a post he held from 1947 to 1955. He represented Eastern St Thomas between 1944 and 1956 when he died, having won his seat in 1944, 1949 when the JLP formed the Government, and 1955 when the JLP lost to the PNP led by Norman Manley.
    Barrant was a sideman on a truck and in those days very few people at that economic level could read and write. So he was ridiculed a lot, especially for making clumsy statements like: "de palicy of my guvament is simple: ABC; A fe orda, B fe 'bedience and C fe sense".
    But Norman Manley warned his supporters not to ridicule him because first, he was a very good minister of agriculture, and second, any ridicule of him would make the people feel ridiculed also.

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/colum...#ixzz1iggMwZT1

Nothing personal Don 1 , when we both could be on the road in saying and achieving the same thing.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

I largely agree with you...am not at cross purposes with you

Everyone has a contribution to make and a preferred way of working that suits their brain & interests...some people for example start with and concentrate on details....that's very valuable

I just have a different approach...I need to filter & distill the clutter quickly...otherwise things look too confused & paralyzing to me... it's no biggie... whatever works
      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

OK sah,agreed.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Portia mash dem up....she good, she really good,so far..lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post

Hey? 1% x 100 = 100%!
            Actually I think 1% X 100 = 1%

Then again I was never much good at math
            Last edited by Don1; January 6, 2012, 10:44 AM.

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

... what the hell is wrong with Michael Burke? Portia is PM, enough of his nonsence that Peter Philipps should be the PM. Guess, he is no better than those @ G2K with their ridicule.

Him couldn't even post a pic of Portia in his column!
              Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
              - Langston Hughes

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
                Fully agree.

It seems like Portia ah send certain promising signals. She bring up Holness pon stage at her swearing in ceremony and hold up hands together like Siggy and Josh at Arena wid Bab Morley, 1976!
                ********!!!

Mi juss ah memba ow dat Kumbaya / We Are The World moment did tun out lata inna 1980 an such

800+ bodies later...

Comment

yuh nuh have nuh seh innah it.. sorry..

I will keep you updated doh..

Comment

Really... mi might juss haffi draw fi mi US-based attorneys..

Tief nuh prospa

Comment

you are not as original as you believe.. chuss mi..

Silicon Valley Economists run innovation.. learn dat...

Comment

lol

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
                          I am not sanguine about the workability of that incremental approach.. i.e. continuing the failed methods of the past ...but juss "tweaking" dem a likkle... mi nuh inna dat.

Jamaica needs, bold, paradigm shifting & transformative actions imho, because these times are absolutely revolutionary.... timid, baby steps leading to continued mediocrity won't cut it
                          You miss the point!
                          ...it is there is a place for both that 'incremental approach'.
                          ...certainly bold steps/actions are also needed on multiple fronts!

I am not running away from saying ignoring any area - Yup!..including incremental approaches - that adds to 'race' to 1st world country is nonsense policy.
                          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                          X