No announcement yet.

The Real Hard Talk :Chavez On Bbc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That aside...what are your views on the manipulated infant mortality rate...obviously they are restricted by economic sanctions & the fall of the Soviet Union...what does that have to do with the point i have raised? It is a manipulated stat propped up by the WHO...the infant mortality rate is used as an indicator of a country's state of health development....if it is manipulated then the state of health development is not accurate...which is why fudgie run like tief when mi lick him wit it...
    Last edited by Bricktop; January 2, 2012, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Stats are stats , you can use it to prove and disapprove any point depending on how you word it , that being said.

Cuba is up there as one of the best providers of social service for its people in the third/developing world , regardless of how shabby its infrastructure is.
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Okay so you aren't gonna address my post...you a ride pillion?

Comment

Nuh you & Don1 ting dat , me & reggaedoc a debate a different ting, i tried !

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Dissidents aside, this is a place I visit every year. A good friend of mine is chief of orthopedics at Guantanamo general, the largest hospital in Latin America, his father is the administrator of the hospital and a good family friend of mine. They are people who could be making millions per year in Miami, but stay because they believe in the Cuban people despite the betrayal of the people by the Castro Stalinist thugs. They express frustration everyday. The father of my god-daughter is in charge of transplants at that hospital, and he is so frustrated with the unhealthy place with lack of resources for the Cuban people that he would leave in a minute. Forget the UN, and WHO stats. You have to view these organizations in the broader global context, and their antiUS posture. For them to report the grim stats on Cuba would be an admission of their own failure, not unlike their unwillingness to admit that their personel were responsible for introducing cholera in Haiti(which turned to be proven true). Don't believe the stats out of Cuba. This is a dictatorship without any tranparency so they tell you what you want to hear, just as we in the west never realized how the Russian people lacked basic foodstuffs during communism, until communism fell and all the info came out. I know Cuba well. The entire country. I have watched the services deteriorate more and more each year. Jamaicans are far better off than Cubans in my opinion.

Comment

Reggae Doc ...LOL....I have photos in NYC of a hospital , that would make you cringe..Interns that come from india , call it a third world hospital.

1)Brookdale
              2)Kings County(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOCpOZ4txvs)
              3)Harlem Hospital

Mek sense man.

Comment

That's because these Indians have never been to Cuba. I have been to almost all the hospitals in Havana, Guan, and Santiago and none is in better shape than the worst hospital in New York.

Comment

LOl....So they coming from a third world nation or developing , should have an idea , shouldnt they ?

We have had cuban interns too, heads and shoulders above the indians in professional practice in my opinion & dem cuss Castro like you.

Comment

X, I don't consider the Indian standard of doctors or healthcare to be the gold standard. I never heard any well informed person in Jamaica or anywhere else say let's strive to achieve healthcare standard of India. They usually say "like the US". So for you to justify the Cuban system on the basis of the Indian standard seems like a stretch to me.

Comment

Thats my point ! why are you comparing the Cuban system to a 1st world system ?The usa ? wouldnt it be more appropriate to judge it amongst its peers ?

Comment

X, I don't consider the Indian standard of doctors or healthcare to be the gold standard. I never heard any well informed person in Jamaica or anywhere else say let's strive to achieve healthcare standard of India. They usually say "like the US". So for you to justify the Cuban system on the basis of the Indian standard seems like a stretch to me.

Comment

Nice insights... we all hear of the general deterioration in Cuba..that is an entirely separate matter that is fair game for discussion

What we are discussing here is their health care system which...warts and all.. has far better outcomes than the world average... that is an incontrovertible fact.... and acknowledged as a fact by most independent observers.

There is a place for anecdotes in understanding phenomena... but unfortunately anecdotes tend to be subjective, biased and limited.... so science has to be applied

Personally I prefer objective data....i.e. science
                          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Working...
                          X