RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some time ago there was a discussion about...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some time ago there was a discussion about...

...the broom as a symbolism for the PNP and I was scolded by an (im)poster that it was outdated and done in the 60's, not used again or some such other claptrap....and low and behold..today's Gleaner

Comrades take their brooms to the streets of Montego Bay on election night to signal the sweeping away of Labourites in Central St James as well as much of the island. - Photo by Janet Silvera

crash program wuk start ahready ?!

powah !

Comment

Nothing in Jamaican politricks is outdated, the JLP drew from a playbook of the 70 & 80s , the only thing they left out was thier guns and he got extradicted.
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

wuk is wuk. but you wouldn't know bout dat.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Morning boss...All the best for 2012!

Comment

yuh dun know !

mi tyad a chicken back ! Ox-tail time !

Comment

ah wheh di !?

yuh bettah be nice if yuh want eat ah big food..

Comment

wash dung wid chawklit tea!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

tun it up !

Comment

I am hoping and praying that Portia will do well for the sake of our beloved country.

If I were advise her, I would say take a good look at the Singapore/Rwanda system of governance, and the social and economic policies of the former, and current Brazilian presidents. See how they do or did it and try to do likewise with tweaking it to fit the Jamaican character(and please don't follow Hugo Chavez the clown). They did it in short order, and so can we. It is a different world now Portia from when you were PM before, and certainly from the corrupt and inept administration of the PJ era. We ought not to able to only copy Smirnoff weekends, great local foods dubiously clothed in weird glazes and passed off on us as great new cuisine, drinking of cheap wine being passed off on us as premiums, head to toe tatoos, and all other cultural artifacts that make us or at least certain sectors of our society look and feel good with no long term benefit to the vast majority of our people.

Comment

Reggaedoc you need to give Chavez his due , they have 20 billion in resreves, you seem to forget not so long ago they were under the IMF ,left it and has not been back since ,and you cant say it is oil,the oil has always been there ,so it is down to his management.Granted he inherited a Venezuela post IMF,but he hasnt been back and is nowhere close to going back,despite an economic war to downgrade its bond rating ,makes no sense a nation can loan a nation billions that has a better bond rating than itself..Argentinia.

Cut yuh crap.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

he has been in power when oil was and is as high as US$100 per barrel. It is not for his good economic policies that Venezuela is where it is today. I also think that if the price of oil were to drop drastically, he would easily be exposed as a mediocre, if not terrible leader.

Comment

Good post.

Comment

If the price of Oil dropped alot of nations would be in trouble not just Chavez , deal with the issue of an economic war being waged by the USA against Chavez, 20 billion in reserves yet it can offer loans to nations who have better bond ratings than its own.

Dat mek sense?....stap chat fawt,i compare him to manley in the 70s where an economic war by the cia ,did our economy in.

Comment

Thanks for agreeing with me X. It is not Chavez but the price of oil that made his economy seems bouyant. My argument however, is that in the case of Chavez, it is only the price of oil that made his economy appear functional, and not his economic policies. I could also pick out say Nigeria, and submiy that despite the high price of oil their economy is struggling, but this is due to frank thievery and corruption.

Comment

Working...
                              X