Greetings forumites, deh pona few days vacation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings forumites, deh pona few days vacation

but haffe check in and comment pon the runnings nonethless.

Well, as they say the people have spoken. The PNP win would not have been a surprise but the margin by which they did was certainly one for most. I believe the situation on the ground was more fluid than normal due to the new PM in place and the short campaign period. That probably made polling predictions less reliable than normal.

The PNP would not have been my choice this time around and I think it is sad that they did not have to even renew themselves to regain power, just merely sit back and wait. However the JLP have only themseleves to blame as while they have some people like Tufton and Bartlett who were generally speaking good public servants with new ideas, never has there been a JA govt which has been so distrusted nor a PM who has been seen by the average citizen as such a boldfaced liad as Driver Bruce and this JLP administration were.

There were some positives to take away from this election season. Firstly once again it went smoothly and had an outcome that is not being questioned, also there were more cases of JLP and PNP supporters having a good time together in the middle of the politics. That is always good to see. Finally as I have suspected the silent majority of Jamaicans are getting past the b@ttyman obsession and not making thier personal view of that lifestyle impact practical decisions they have to make in life. This is good to see and while I am no fan of Portia at least we have a leader who will not sound like a caveman when speaking to the international press on gay rights issues.

The countrys problems are many and there is much to be done by ALL of us who have an interest in seeing Jamaica progress. So let do as Bob says:

We Jah people can make it work
    Come together and make it work

Happy New YEar to all!
    Last edited by Islandman; December 30, 2011, 07:45 AM.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Good talk boss...all the best!

Comment

Same to you sir,but i figure when the dust has settled it will show Jamaicans have matured to a point of expecting a party to present itself capable of good governance if it wants to lead and that starts on the campaign trail.

The jlp governance from governmental leadership to campaigning was arrogant,weak,indecisive,elitist and immature.

They gave it to the pnp without a proper fight,i too hoped for change,we got what we deserved.

I hope and pray we will be better off,thats all we have,hope.
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Sorry, but I will repeat where I stood on this election thing.

The level of arrogance, distrust and mendacity of this government reached a level for me that was simply nauseating. And I am not talking about just the Dudus case. But every time I fill up at the gas station, I wondered what's happening with that extra $9 every litre that I contribute to some fund. When asked about that fund, Shaw basically said, shut up and pay up! And I could point out other examples.

And of course, the Dudus fiasco was for me the most embarrassing moment for Jamaica. When someone in some deep township in South Africa is wondering how a prime minister can defend an alleged gun and drug lord, you can only imagine the shame! Claude Clarke's brother, those killed in TG, the lockdown of the country. I am sitting poolside at a New Kingston hotel and there is smoke billowing from downtown. Explosions going off every now and then. A tourist looks at me wondering, wtf! And I am speechless, embarrassed that my country could look like Afghanistan.

it's only a pity that Andy is the one who will go down in history as leading the JLP's one-term government. Liad Bruce is the one who should get the blame. But imagine if he had stuck around, maybe the PNP would have taken all 63 seats. Okay, 62.

Bruce's legacy has already been determined. And it not pretty!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
          Bruce's legacy has already been determined. And it not pretty!

Au contraire... Bruce's legacy is Simply Brilliant:

1 Tivoli Crime Central (plus Croc Ranch) demolished... violent crime dips dramatically... police getting a grip

2. More power devolving to civil society..ie increased accountability for politicians since his bawling and apologies then resignation under public pressure

3. People are realizing that both tribes are corrupt & incompetent and can't manage di wuk alone... cooperation is a musity... Social Kontrak ah di imperative

All these sweet goodies are due to One Liad's perverse corruption, congenital mendacity and amazing stupidity.... without Bruce we would still be in in Never Never Land...

Put dat pon money mi seh!!
          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Plus, he followed Joshua (in a manner of speaking) and took a pay cut....
            Peter R

Comment

Working...
            X