X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police protecting Tufton

Police protecting Tufton
    Friday, December 30, 2011

Jamaica Labour Party Deputy Leader Dr Christopher Tufton says he is now under police protection at his home in his South Western St Elizabeth constituency.

According to Tufton, People’s National Party (PNP) supporters have refused to accept his 101-vote victory over Hugh Buchanan in yesterday’s general election and have said enough to him to leave him fearing for his and his family’s safety.

Tufton said that after his close win in the election he was verbally abused by comrades in the constituency who accused him of stealing the election. As a result, he reported the matter to the police who provided him with protection.

“The people have spoken and I have accepted their verdict,” Tufton said of his party’s loss in the election. “They (PNP supporters in his constituency) should also accept the people’s decision.”

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...#ixzz1i0I566NA

BLACK LIVES MATTER

This would be a great pity. I have been in bars/restaurants in Black River where Tufton has always shown he can hang with any crowd and take any sort of bantering from whomever.

I hope my dear St. Bess has not stooped to this sort of thuggery. His wife is from the community and St. Bess people nuh stay suh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I am still in shock over Tufton's and Montaque's poor showing at the polls and I was wondering whether their jobs in the Party prevented them from being in the constituency enough.

PJ Patterson was PM for a long time but his presence was powerful in Eastern Westmoreland as he made sure his organisation was top shelf.

I really hope what happened last night was just emotions running over and there was nothing sinister about it
      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
      Che Guevara.

Comment

Yes, both were being touted for JLP leader since Liad Bruce packed his bags and goed!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

People close to the party had expected Tufton to make a good run for the leadership job and they are saying it is still not out of the question.

Bobby also has leadership ambitions and some call him the JLP's Portia as in the most unlikely person who can win the election as party leader as he has a lot of grass roots support
          Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
          Che Guevara.

Comment

Working...
          X