X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaican PM struggles in tight reelection race

Jamaican PM struggles in tight reelection race
    By Paul Reid (AFP) – 4 hours ago
    KINGSTON — Jamaica's youngest prime minister is locked in a tight campaign ahead of Thursday's elections, as voters fret over high unemployment, endemic corruption and crime.

Prime Minister Andrew Holness -- at 39, the youngest to lead the Caribbean nation of just under three million -- is standard-bearer for the Jamaica Labour Party (JLP), while Portia Simpson Miller, who was Jamaica's first female prime minister, will lead the People's National Party (PNP).

Polls conducted by Don Anderson -- who has correctly called the last three elections here -- showed the opposition PNP marginally ahead up to late last week, but most pollsters say the race is too close to call.

Read More: http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...668554dd8fa.21
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

DEm farin press yah...ahh boy
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Comment

Gi we a prediction on who a go win the election nuh? I hear Buntin & Holness could both lose dem seats and it is too close to call fi dem.
      Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

I am not a pollster so I will yield to the man who has done the best job since Carl Stone and has surpassed Carl with his accuracy

Done Anderson said on CVM last night that in the 51 seats they can call the PNP has 28 of those and 23 to the JLP.

Of the 12 other seats which are very close he said the opinion was edging towards the PNP winning eight of those including the seat held by deputy PM Ken Baugh who is running against Clinton Clarke in his first ever political campaign.

Clarke is a former Rusea's head boy and is the president of the PTA at Angels Primary and some one I know very well.

The one seat that Don Anderson did not give any opinion on is Central St James as he said they did not do much work there and being a new seat the re was no voting history to go with, I dont necessarily agree as the seat that Hay Webster will contest is new but the Gleaner was able to use the voting stats from the last election in the divisions and predict the PNP will win handily.

Anderson also said that from what they were seeing Damion the dread should win as should Bunting
        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
        Che Guevara.

Comment

lol ! woiiee !

The direct opposite of other polls.. yuh have dat in print anywhere suh wi can examine it.. like how dem dweet innah di gleanah ?

Comment

how yuh suh lie sick one ?

lol !! woiee !!

Di man seh 5 of 12 trending to PNP.. not 8 !

wheh yuh buy yuh reportah license ?

lol !

Comment

Ben, what don't you put together a well thought out paragraph if you have an opposing view. Thanks in advance...

Comment

lol
                TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Same ting mi tell him bout spewing unsubstantiated "facts"...when a call him out him seh mi a hijack him thread

Comment

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
                    Ben, what don't you put together a well thought out paragraph if you have an opposing view. Thanks in advance...
                    That's a bridge too far
                    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

One mistake. The St Catherine seat that will be contested by Hay-Webster is not a new seat but one that has been affected adversely by boundary changes.

That would make it different from the brand new Central St James seat

Mea Culpa
                      Che Guevara.

Comment

I guess we will all see come Thursday night about 11pm...
                        Che Guevara.

Comment

but we see you misrepresenting the facts now.. why do we need to wait till Thursday ?

Are you threatening to engage in more misrepresentation ?

Comment

I do not counter sloppy propaganda with my pearls...

Comment

Working...
                            X