• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The JLP's backward, right wing, Brown Man Time Class Warfare

...their Republican allies would be very proud

Drawing Sister P's Tongue
    Published: Sunday | December 25, 201111 Comments

"Don't draw my tongue! And don't trouble this girl! Because I don't fraid a no man, no gyal, nowhere!" Translated into English, Portia Simpson Miller's infamous declaration sounds rather tame: "Don't provoke me! And don't antagonise me! Because I'm not afraid of any man or any woman anywhere!'

That's the power of the Jamaican language. It gets you in the gut. And in the head! On top of that, body language amplifies the meaning of words. So Sister P repeatedly beats her chest, vigorously waves her right hand and emphatically shakes her head from side to side. She pulls out all the stops. After all, she's at a People's National Party (PNP) political rally, not an election debate.

Incidentally, the English expression 'pulling out all the stops' comes from the language of the pipe organ. As a former organist at the North Street Seventh-day Adventist Church, I do know a thing or two about this musical instrument. Pipe organs have stops that control the flow of air through the pipes. Pulling out the stops literally pumps up the volume.

Sister P effectively uses her organ of speech to show her supporters (and detractors) that she's a militant woman in the tradition of Nanny of the Maroons and a whole host of African warrior women like Queen Nzinga of Angola and Nana Yaa Asentewaa of Ghana. Nzinga led a relentless war against Portuguese slave traders in the 17th century.

Much later, Yaa Asentewaa rose up as commander of the Ashanti army in the famous battle against British colonialism in 1900, known as the War of the Golden Stool. The covetous British predators held up the Ashanti people at gunpoint, demanding that they hand over the golden stool, the symbol of the sovereignty of the nation. The Ashanti refused, and war ensued. Yaa Asentewaa defeated the British, reclaiming independence for her people.

'Tun down di ting'

In the 2007 election campaign, the Jamaica Labour Party (JLP) attempted to draw Portia Simpson Miller's tongue by provocatively distorting her battle cry. Her fierce words became the mouthpiece, so to speak, of the JLP advertising campaign. I suppose it was easier to knock down Portia Simpson Miller than to prop up Bruce Golding.

Sister P's image was digitally 'enhanced' to make the then prime minister look as if she was stark staring mad. The commercial worked beautifully. Even hard-core PNP supporters were duped by the dishonest JLP advertisement which appealed to rank class prejudice. Portia Simpson Miller's fearless use of the Jamaican language and her fiery disposition turned her into a virago. She was obviously disqualified to be prime minister since she could not represent Jamaica with dignity on the world stage.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2...cleisure3.html
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Yeah man...brown man time...class warfare:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5FzCeV0ZFc

Eejiats...

Comment

Personally, I don't trust any link you post and won't click..... just my paranoid fear of criminal infection

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

That's what the election is really about - class prejudice - whether we like it or not.

Yuh know where I stand on that!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Paranoid fear of getting your face kicked off...lace em up...we have another runner

Comment

Dat an ChiChi...LoL

Wat ah serious Kuntry

Comment

Nice explanation on Siter P's "Don't draw my tongue! And don't trouble this girl! Because I don't fraid a no man, no gyal, nowhere!"

Said it for years, it is nonsense and/or self-hate that has some of us deluding selves about/on perception of Sister P.
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Wha yuh say Brick man a yaad kick off nuff man/ooman face .....suh man can kick off face ,but sista p cant do it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HuVkSoCztQ

kissteeth...ole hypocryte.
                THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

nope...mi nuh know how far fi yuh "association" wid "Chris" an "Showa" extend ... so no links for Don1 please

Off limits

Comment

Funny how the criticism only comes in one direction. There is no monopoly on
                    missteps in Jakan politics. There is as much JLP muckups as PNP.

She said no MAN and No Gyal in her own words?

No anti-feminist sentiment there?
                    No bwoy and no gyal seems more appropriate, or no man no woman.
                    What kinda message that?

Portia is NOT above criticism, that is the point. The kid glove approach is ridiculous.

As for Caroline Copper, how can I take her seriously.

Mosiah, go ask Daniel Thwaites what his views on the Postal Sytem is?

Comment

Is Audley Shaw running for Prime Minister of Jamaica? Howard Dean lost the Democratic nomination because his speech was deemed "un-presidential" and he came across as unstable...so wha yuh seh...class warfare? eejiats...

Comment

Pick up yuh face eejiat boy...

Comment

She said no GYAL and not a peep. I see many peeps about bunoonoonos woman, etc.

Double standard.

Why she has to call woman Gyal?

Comment

You call women "gyal" Karl?

Comment

Is audley shaw a memba of di cabinet, suh yuh waan mi draw fi di vampiyah..di one don,don of dons ..u think u tube nuh ave di classics on file,fi kick off yuh face ?

lol
                              THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Working...
                              X