• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idiot plan that - Many against Buggery Law review

News
    ‘Idiot plan that!’ - Many Jamaicans against Buggery Law review

Friday, December 23, 2011

THE pronouncement by Opposition Leader and People’s National Party (PNP) President Portia Simpson Miller during Tuesday night’s national leadership debate that a PNP government led by her would review the buggery law has set off a heated debate with many Jamaicans as well as some churches voicing strong opposition to any such move.

Observer staff reporter Kimmo Matthews yesterday sought the opinions of members of the public on Simpson Miller’s position.

‘Rastaman’

It is something that I would have to go think about, as I do not want to jump to any conclusion on what was said.

Judith Brown White: Supermarket Sales Rep

I have a problem with that decision. To carry out such a review is totally wrong. What it is promoting is totally against the teachings of the Bible.

Chevan Brown

I think it was a ploy to get votes.

Delroy Mitchell

It has been happening, not here in Jamaica only, and soon or later we are going to have to take a stance. I believe that the rights of citizens should be recognised.

Devon Campbell: Taxi Operator

Not in my cabinet! If a man a deal with him thing, mek him deal with it one side. So that means sooner or later, with this review of the law, my grandchildren can’t walk in peace.

Hubert Palmer: Security guard

We are to stop trying to put a pretty coating on the issue. That sort of practice should not be tolerated. What sort of message will that send to my little son down the road?

Chairmaine Mundle: Supermarket Sales Rep

That should never be allowed to happen. God has never created people to operate and entertain that sort of practice. Our country has a strong Christian faith and belief and that sort of practice should not be encouraged and that is what such a planned review will do.

‘Businesswoman’

Our source is God. Why are we trying to sell our souls for the almighty dollar? Jamaica is not a country that embraces that sort of practice. She is out of her cotton-picking mind and she should not sell her soul for the dollar.

Ian

It is full time we should try to move away from that sort of primitive approach and allow people to live their lives despite of their sexual orientation.

Richardo Wedderburn: Security Guard

She should have tried to come up with some different approach. I know because she is a woman she a go try balance the thing. But I believe a revision of such laws is going to affect us down the road.

Jonelle Jefferson: Secretary

I do not care what a man or woman wants to do with their life, but the Opposition needs to realise that it is Jamaica we are living in and we are not going to change our views and I think it is going to hurt her chances in the upcoming election.

Orlando Gayle: Security Guard

That is totally unacceptable. Such practice and support of such practice cannot be right at all. We burn that sort of practice. Her move or plans to review the law will certainly help to promote such practice.

Toney Bromwell: Taxi Operator

Idiot plan that. Jamaica no deal with that. A vote me feel she a look.

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...#ixzz1hN1XD5mO

God, God, God! But we are among the most murderous countries in the world, even with the departure of Dudus. And wi tek off people head like wi live in di Dark Ages.

All together now - GOD, GOD, GOD!!!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

We are truly a set of ignoramuses... how she cudda be lookin vote when the vast majority are clearly, and she knew that, against dem de ism... I back Portia on making a principled pragmatic stance... it's time we grow up!
      Peter R

Comment

yes, dat mek nuh sense at all. in fact, the race may as well be over with Portia's statement.

Imagine when the hypocrite pastors done wid dem congregation dis Sunday!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

You saying that after they they finish preaching they will grab someone by the organ?
          "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

Originally posted by Westman View Post
            You saying that after they they finish preaching they will grab someone by the organ?

Considering most churches no longer have organs...yuh know what, mek mi lef dis one alone!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Confucius say foolish man give wife grand piano, intelligent man give wife upright organ... LOL sorry, couldn't help myself...
              Peter R

Comment

you gwaan think a dark ages. Many places inna America a di same thing. Maybe New York a little more acceptable but you want hear some of the preacher them on the pulprit, even Bishop Eddie Long.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

A Manly Man...

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
                  Confucius say foolish man give wife grand piano, intelligent man give wife upright organ... LOL sorry, couldn't help myself...

And a MANLY MAN give wife upright organ while playing bass drum on her a$$.

Comment

Make up your mind. Are there are are there no organ grinders any more?

Comment

I know. God appears to be a convenient excuse for Jamaicans, and no one should take these people seriously, including the rastas. They are among the biggest frauds in the world.

Comment

I have many Ethiopian friends and co-workers from all over the political spectrum. They are all amazed about Rastas and Selassie. They believe Rastas are extremely ignorant about Selassie.

Comment

The majority of religious people are ignorant about the history of thier religion. Rastas are certainly no exception.
                          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Them in the dark ages too! Its not about location it is about state of mind.
                            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Nope

Originally posted by Westman View Post
                              Make up your mind. Are there are are there no organ grinders any more?
                              [B][I]I can assure you that here in Wisconsin, we have plenty of SAUSAGE GRINDERS. Klement's, Usinger's, Oscar Mayer, Johnsonville, Cher-Make, Old Wisconsin, and probably some others.

How do you make sausage? You take the nastiest parts of the animal you can't sell by themselves, mash them up, add some seasoning, and stuff the entire mess into a sheep intestine.

What parts of the pig go into SPAM? The parts that aren't good enough for a hot dog.

Comment

Working...
                              X