So what did the obstructionists achieve in their

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what did the obstructionists achieve in their

latest standoff? Now they have to give in and decide to move forward with the tax cut deal. Mi suprise the house leader didn't cry during the standoff.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

They lost this round badly....Obama bait them and them couldn't resist the trap.

Them have a lot of internal problems....Tea Party people willing to commit suicide as long as them bring down Obama...vs career Republicans who want to keep them job.

I would not be surprised if Bohner end up like Newt in the 90s...rebellion in the ranks and him get pushed aside.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

You right. They have some serious internal issues to sort out. Grover looks like he has complete control over the party.

Comment

A 2 month extension is expected fi be voted on this morning and signed by the president. Election year on the horizon and expect nuff obfuscation.

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...-battle-soon/1
        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Remember mi tell you to give that the Tea Party until 2012 to kill themselves like the Religious right. Now GOP candidates are running from them.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

The Tea party is still in control of the primaries because they are all activists so I believe their fate will depend on the outcome of the next election...

If Obama loses and Dems lose the Senate I expect that they will dominate the party for a while. Otherwise the party will swing back closer to the center and give people like Huntsman a chance to be the nominee.
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Right now I have no doubt that Obama will win back. The fact that they are not willing to make any deal will put them in a very bad position in 2012.

I would love to see a poll right now.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

There are polls every day...his approval is getting close to 50% again and he is a few points ahead of Romney in the polls.

But 10 months is a LOOOONG time in politics. One year out before the last election Obama was 20 points behind Hillary to rhatid, and look how things turned out.

Comment

No I am talking about a national poll for the two parties, not for the leadership.

10 months is a long time but the repub candidates seems not to be able to gain any traction at all and Romney just stuck.

Comment

Agreed. They are not popular or inspiring at all.

Even if the economy don't totally recover, once people believe it going in the right direction I think Obama is going to be OK, and as you always say people still like him personally and think he is a decent person, except the Tea Partiers of course.

Comment

True true fe true Sass.

Comment

Working...
                      X