• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• While Rome Burns... Vaz: God created Adam and Eve, not Adam

Vaz: God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve
    By INGRID BROWN Observer senior reporter browni@jamaicaobserver.com
    Thursday, December 22, 2011

JAMAICA Labour Party (JLP) candidate for West Portland, Daryl Vaz, did not mince words as he made it clear that he did not support the views of Opposition Leader Portia Simpson Miller, who suggested that the buggery law should be reviewed.
    Simpson Miller, who was responding to a question during Tuesday's national leadership debate, also said she would judge her cabinet on merit and not on their sexual preference.
    However, Vaz, who was addressing party supporters at a mass meeting in Annotto Bay, St Mary last night, said he was prepared to make his stance public even before the debate reaches Parliament.
    "Since I am going back to Parliament I am going to talk about it and I don't want to be taken out of context," he said.
    "People of Portland ask me to tell you say we don't buy pool in a cash pot and since it is going to be a debate in Parliament I am going to say God created Adam and Eve and not Adam and Steve," he said.

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...#ixzz1hKRDfUF1
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Dem nuh need car & house & infrastructure like everybody else ? Do we really have time for this non issue ?

Dem di deh already inna both parties.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

The JLP have something to run with now...pity; Holness should rein in these horses for as you say, there are more pressing issues to deal with. Unfortunately to agree with your opposite number regardless of which side you are on, is deemed a sign of weakness... maybe that's why Portia said what she did... had she been asked the question first maybe she would have come up with a differenct answer... cyncism is a biotch! ~sigh~
      Peter R

Comment

Bun dem Daryl...X all a get vex

Comment

Jah know mi caan see how dis become an issue when di labourite dem inna di cabinet a rape man and di pnp a mek king tapes.....X............is happy that these crucial issues B man in di cabinet ,is di solution fi deal wid di imf.

Comment

Wow! What a novel, profound position taken by Vaz!

I bet who he really rates is Cain, the murderer.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I know, these 5 minutes of the debate have taken over the country.

For the sake of people like me who didn't watch, was there any other issue that is worth discussing here?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

This man is a damn fool. Ja is a small island nation with sparse means of revenue. The revenue Ja has is dependent om others (mostly from the service sector.

The island's enterianment industry was already hurting; other sectors would soon be unders scrutiony. The visionless Bruce did not make it any better (by pander to the lowest denominator in Ja's society) ny going on BBC and making a fool of himself. When you are a leader you must think in terms of the over all interest of your people.

PSM had the vision to make the call given the climate of today's society. This way she gave some protection to the people and ithe island's small but fragile economy. It's a two edge sword because now other laws on the books of Ja that's really affecting the masses can be scrutinized also.

It's stroke of brilliance with long reaching effect. Vaz is a fool.

Comment

Is not just Vaz,

Rome a burn and everybody engaged in 2 colour war. Mek yuh chice, di whole a dem Noice. Nary a jack man tek di ting serious. Bare bias argument a run, bare twist up. Man all a talk bout 3-0 as if dat change the price of tea in China. Others a celebrate visionary victory fi gays, while di people will continue in privation and small cliques will engorge demselves.

Come Dec. 29, half di people will be celebrating, but no matter who wins we will wake up with a major hangover. When you major in Bovine defecation, you haffi rep di consequences.

Jamaica nuh ready yet, unfortunately.

Memba mi toll unno!

All who caan hear....

Comment

And magically all problems will dissolve.

What a prioritization!

Get di thru yuh head...no matter if labah or sochie wins, in the current dispensation, Jamaica not going nowhere.

Unnu can gwan play unno cute political games...LoL

Comment

But if the PNP wins, we can be assured of continued aid support from Britain and the USA!

YAY!

Yuh tink Portia nuh have nuh sense?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

What is Ja ready for ? to spend time and resources (you should see the meticulous approach) just to set up a debate to embarass one lady (who outfoxed them all).

Those resources coud be spent in Hanover to see that the people have running water. It's damn shame that in this modern age the same set of people are trucking water to the less fortunate (I saw it happening in my father's didtrict as a child). What will happen after election? No more trucks with water until the next oelection (hence a continuation of the viscious cycle)

Where is the planning? A nation under 3 million with springs and wells all over the island cannnot distribute water to its people? What er the systems set up to store and distribute water? I travelled the southside and came to new market. I said My! Now I know why people lost their lives. They building houses on water tables. that are is littered with springs and wells.

The above are the more serious issues other than worrying who is sleeping with who.

Comment

Yuh mean the USD6m?

And maybe not even dat after dem claim seh tings are tight all over.

It profiteth not a man to sell his soul for the whole world, but for Wales?

Comment

Did you see me advocating for debates?

I ddi not even watch them, but yuh watch it like seh a world cup a play. LoL

I agree with you that such issues are MUCH more important and the fact that they exist after 18.5 years of PNP rule and 4.5 years of JLP rule means what, exactly?

Dont you see you are agreeing with me????

Comment

"While Rome burns......"

"This is a non-issue...."

Unoo get tolerant all of a sudden eh? Reggaeboyzsc is suddenly a gay-friendly zone! Well,until Dec 29th. LOL!

Unoo betta hope JLP win cause if Miss P win and follow through me nuh tink unoo can manage fe keep this up. And den Obama pon tap next?

Portia and Obama, Champions of "The Agenda". LOL!
                              "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
                              X