No announcement yet.

Africa rising , but is it sustainable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another useful article I read recently http://www.theatlantic.com/business/...rising/250025/

Plus Foreign Policy Magazine is and excellent source...on Africa and all matters international...interesting perspectives from Babylon
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
      It simple...how many more highway dem need in Europe? What to do with all those highway making machines and workers?

Dyam politicians not using their wizzies.
      yuhzimi... China I suspect is...

For saying so the uninitiated try to crucify Don1 anna seh mi love dem...man fi fool but nuh suh

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Africa rising , but is it sustainable?

..and why not?
        Isn't always about the people and their leaders?
        ...sooooo...it is sustainable...if the people and their leaders 'do right'.

Just as JA has been poised for take off for umpteen years...so has been Africa!
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Yes yes Willi. In the next 10 years if Rwanda stays on track it will be the star of Africa and the world. They literally to the Singapore model, tweaked it and applied it. What I like most though is how they deal with the Chinese projects.

They get the loans from the Chinese, and even allowed the Chinese to bring some of their skilled workers in, but they are not comfortable with Chinese engineering(and so am I. Falling buildings, high speed train disasters, schools falling under minimal stress etc) so they went to Germany and hired some of the best German engineers to oversee the projects. The Chinese protested and they told the Chinese that is how it is going to be, or keep your money. I wonder if our licki licki politicians will take a page from their playbook. Of course we only can follow white people, so a humble African country won't be able to teach those cardboard Europeans we have running our country anything.

Comment

Thanks, good reading!

Forbes decided to start publishing a list of Africas richest. The fact that 3 of the top 10 are black is worth noting. I wonder what the racial makeup of Jamaicas or the Carbbeans 10 richest would be?

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2011/89/...s-11_land.html
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

A good place to see this upfront is to visit the Indaba mining conference in South africa in late January early February. If everything goes according to plan I may be able to give the ites some interesting info via posts from South Africa come February.
              PS. giving you guys a heads up: look out for the Republic of Benin. Interesting things to come.

Comment

noice....look forward to dat fi gwaan

Comment

Sound good!
                  "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

hmmm... the racial makeup of the richest Caribbean folks... Now that's a puzzle.. ah wonda...

Comment

This is the motherland's chance. Let's hope they don't screw it up. We should be very careful of the propaganda we are fed. Whilst the media documents the horror stories the gov'ts and corporations of the west are making massive investments and overtures behind the scenes. Case in point the much maligned Zimbabwe we would be shocked to know the gov'ts and companies lined up to get apiece of that pie(fortune 500). And they are quite willing to work with Mugabe's indiginisation requirement. Goldman Sachs has targeted Nigeria as their prime growth area going forward as far as investment banking etc.

Comment

Yes...Babylon is engaged in a new age Scramble for Africa

Beware of Geeks Bearing Gifts

Comment

Ghana have the potential to grow. Very peaceful society, democratic and now that they find oil.
                          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Dont worry brother, all the Caribbean people who were one ashamed of their African heritage will start telling you exactly what aprt of Africa their ancestors are from. They will stop boasting about Hong Kong, Scotland, Bombay, Lebanon/Syria, Portugal and on and on. You knoe the places the cardboards like to say they are extracted from. Everywhere but Africa.

Comment

And look at what we here end up discussing.

I warned about our propensity to major in the minor and turn everything into carnival. We seem to love mediocrity.

We are just not very serious people. Wake me up when we decide to grow up and get mature!

Comment

Originally posted by Reggaedoc View Post
                                Dont worry brother, all the Caribbean people who were one ashamed of their African heritage will start telling you exactly what aprt of Africa their ancestors are from. They will stop boasting about Hong Kong, Scotland, Bombay, Lebanon/Syria, Portugal and on and on. You knoe the places the cardboards like to say they are extracted from. Everywhere but Africa.
                                You know of which you speak.

Comment

Working...
                                X