• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X, I came across this by accident!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sULoz21BcHs
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

I posted that 5-6 years ago .... enlighten Brick & Lazie !...Nice but I have outgrown that
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Proud a wi Reggaedoc where cuba can export MDs , we can Xport Bubblers & Pum Pum fashion... Castro a treat im people like Sh*t and di worl should get him out.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Look what we have exported to S. Africa ...Beautifull

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECx_J...watch_response

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6LP-...eature=related

Where are the Doctors Reggae doc ?.

Comment

A Blasted Disgrace!

I guess I am expected to be proud of this, but for some reason I’m not.

You can make your narrow nationalism flood you with pride, but I will start to share that pride only when I begin to see a major change in our CSEC results, in the display of genuine education attainment (after years of so-called “study”) from our “educated” leaders and the other major players in our messed up piece of rock, in our universities playing a leading role in the developmental process, in simple acts of courtesy in our everyday life, in service when we visit business places and public institutions….. why the fock do I even bother?

We continue to fool ourselves that we are respected for our contribution of vulgarity and semi-literate behavior to the region’s societies. But trust me on this: the harassment that some of our people face at various ports of entry throughout the region has its roots in the popular perception of us. And the popular perception of us has its roots in…. but why the fock do I even bother?

When all is said and done, one personal benefit from visiting this forum occasionally is that it reveals to me in a sometimes very lucid way why our beloved country sits towards the bottom of the socio-economic development pile as far as the regional islands are concerned.

Our D+ grade politicians (1962 – 2011) are merely a small part of the bigger problem.

Comment

There is nothing else for them to export. They destroyed the sugar, rum, cigar etc industries through bad management. Now all they have is human capital to export. The healthcare for the average Cuban is absolutely mediocre. The hospitals to which the local Cubans(not the expats) are filthy and poorly equiped. I have been to Guantanamo General. The chief of orthopeadic surgery at Guantanamo General is a good friend of mine. He was Chief Field surgeon for the Cuban army when they were in Angola, then he was sent to Venezuela after his tour af duty, and now he is Chief of Orthopaedics in Guan Gen, the largest hospital in all of Latin America. Its all frustartion for him working there. I have visited that hospital on many occasions. I have visited the wards, includingb the transplant unit. The place is filthy. These doctors are dedicated to the revolution, and thayhave gotten fed up with these Castro thugs.

Comment

Agree with you Historian. Pretty sill stuff, and kind of dated, spent crap. The world has moved on way beyond that nonsense already. I guess it has been validated because so white, or Asian are involved. I guess there are lots of knuckleheads within and witout Jamaica.

Comment

You Got It Right Again

Originally posted by Reggaedoc View Post
                Agree with you Historian. Pretty sill stuff, and kind of dated, spent crap. The world has moved on way beyond that nonsense already. I guess it has been validated because so white, or Asian are involved. I guess there are lots of knuckleheads within and witout Jamaica.
                Thank you, Reggaedoc! I can say this about you: You are a realist, and one whose comments are always worth reading.

When some people come on this forum and talk about Jamaica’s greatness and the so-called “Brand Jamaica” (what on earth is this “Brand Jamaica” propaganda that is freely wheeled about by politicians and @sses in sections of the media?), I have to wonder if they realize that on the scale of genuine development – socially, economically, politically, and very important, spiritually – Jamaica is actually a relic of the past, like Cuba, Guyana and Haiti, among others?

How on earth can any rational Jamaican continue to feel genuine pride in exports such as identified in this thread starter? (This comment is absolutely NOT a reference to you, HL, because I already am aware of your views and the fact that your standards as far as Jamaica is concerned are very high. )

And yes, there are some here who like to remind me that the Japanese, etc. like it, as if this makes it valid. Who truly cares what misled young people in degenerate societies (or degenerate pockets of those societies) really like? And of course I know that marketing is important for development, but I’d rather remain poor and have a product that is genuinely respected by all than the crudeness and crass behavior that has become highly symbolic of this mysterious “Brand Jamaica”!

Talk about a nation in decline on all fronts (to the point where, unlike the majority of countries in this region, we are not capable of running our own affairs)!

Merry Christmas, everyone! My RBSC vacation break begins this morning.

Comment

Thanks for the Insight

Originally posted by Reggaedoc View Post
                  There is nothing else for them to export. They destroyed the sugar, rum, cigar etc industries through bad management. Now all they have is human capital to export. The healthcare for the average Cuban is absolutely mediocre. The hospitals to which the local Cubans(not the expats) are filthy and poorly equiped. I have been to Guantanamo General. The chief of orthopeadic surgery at Guantanamo General is a good friend of mine. He was Chief Field surgeon for the Cuban army when they were in Angola, then he was sent to Venezuela after his tour af duty, and now he is Chief of Orthopaedics in Guan Gen, the largest hospital in all of Latin America. Its all frustartion for him working there. I have visited that hospital on many occasions. I have visited the wards, includingb the transplant unit. The place is filthy. These doctors are dedicated to the revolution, and thayhave gotten fed up with these Castro thugs.
                  Thanks for this interesting insight into the realities of life in this vastly overrated country, Reggaedoc.

Add to this is the fact that medical studies in Cuba are far overrated and as far as technological aspects are concerned, lagging behind the rest of the Western world.

Many of us here don’t realize that a medical doctor who has been trained in Jamaica or in Trinidad & Tobago is much more highly regarded in (at least) some Caribbean countries than those returning from Cuba. There are governments who, it appears, require that such a Cuban-trained medical student undergo work experience, etc. in a country like Jamaica before being accepted by the medical board of their native country.

There are many who look at Cuba through rose-colored spectacles. Cuba’s greatest asset is its history and its seeming mystique. As far as reality is concerned, despite its much-touted educational and health achievements, it is really a “fourth world” nation striving to exist in the backwaters of civilization.

Still, I will always regard Cuba as the real “Sports Power” of the Caribbean and Latin American region . Jamaica has its sprinters and its women’s netball players, Brazil and Argentina have their soccer greats, but Cuba has outstanding sports people across the board, and their achievements in this regard is something to boast about!

Merry Christmas, everyone! After this morning I will not be passing through again until early January. I need to replenish my spirit.

Comment

Why do you say they are over-rated? Are you just repeating the Wikileaks stories that were part of a concerted effort to discredit Cuba? One of my best-friends is a Cuban-trained doctor - and is a successful private practitioner in Jamaica and we have discussed the pros and cons of the Cuban medical system at length. Certainly, their programmes for STDs, HIV and orthopaedics are something to be proud of. I know he instituted some of the practices while working in the public health system in Jamaica.
                    Do not attempt to Cuba's achievements especially in the context of the embargo and the ridiculous political opposition to their very existence - while others like China go unpunished.

Comment

What do you think of Cuba's music, musicianship and dance?

Comment

Replenish your spirit and come again in January ... be safe.
                        Peter R

Comment

Working...
                        X