• Show
Clear All

• Jamaica in 1929

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9vvm...source=message

Inneresting...nice pastoral scenes

But not so nice scenes of White masters and Black peons

How little things have changed
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

I was going to say it has not changed much.
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Why you have to involve BBBB.....Bu..Bu..?

Comment

when last yuh guh downtown ???

bredrin.. yuh a big man.. STAP CHAT EFFERY PON DI SITE !!

Comment

yuh right, in fact there are more a55es on the road than ever! LOL
            Peter R

Comment

Respek sah, yuh is di man fi true.

It reminds me of Mobay when it was once called the friendly city. Right up to mid 80s tourists would just mill about with locals is if they are Jakans. Mick Jagger lived in Mobay for months and all he was called is "big mouth" mick. Chuck Norris would be at sunsplash standing just a few feet from me in the crowd with the locals and no problem.

Suddenly things have changed; we now hear that tourists and locals can't mix because they will be harassed, yada yada. They must stay on a compound from these savage natives. When they venture out "nat even a star apple mi can sell dem, dem nuh waan nutten fi nyam, dem nuh waan nuh flowas, dem nuh waan nuh carving nutten!"

God is love though, time is the master.

Comment

Uh Oh

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
                Chuck Norris would be at sunsplash standing just a few feet from me in the crowd with the locals and no problem.

Suddenly things have changed; we now hear that tourists and locals can't mix because they will be harassed, yada yada.
                There had better not be a problem, boss. Jamaicans often act stupid, but I cannot think of a single Jamaican – not even the baddest of the bad – who would consider starting a problem in this case. Maybe in their nightmares, but not in real life…. No way!

Comment

You missed the point Mobay isn't about that. It was all a cool vines and everyone chillin.Very few incidents, tourists would walk abouteverywhere in Mobay even the toughest neighbourhoods.

It was called the FRIENDLY CITY for a reason.

Comment

den 'Black Man Time' came along and the rest is history....

Comment

Missing My Point

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
                      You missed the point Mobay isn't about that. It was all a cool vines and everyone chillin.Very few incidents, tourists would walk abouteverywhere in Mobay even the toughest neighbourhoods.

It was called the FRIENDLY CITY for a reason.
                      You, my friend, are the one who completely missed the point! Of course I know what Mobay was like! In fact, I know what all of Jamaica was like! I was simply trying to add a humourous touch to your post.

On the other hand, I long realized that the use of (the English) language isn’t a strong point on this message board. But for heaven’s sake, lighten up, man!

Comment

Are you from Mobay?

Comment

or did you live there for some time?

Comment

Nice pics. My uncle was a tram car conductor on Kings Street back in those days, before migrating to Harlem, USA in the 30s. He is still alive and well in NYC, and has a good collection of old photos of old Kingston.

Comment

Are tourists harassed in Jamaica? If so, why?

Comment

Working...
                              X