This question about moving away from the

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This question about moving away from the

Westminster model .... was it really appropriate? I was expecting either Portia or Andrew to ask "Move to what?"

Anyway ... neither contestant gave a proper answer to the question.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

To whatever is more suitable for JA in thier view. Or they could say it works fine if thats what they believe. There has been enough discussion on that issue for it to be relevant.

True, they both did a poor job on that one.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
      To whatever is more suitable for JA in thier view. Or they could say it works fine if thats what they believe. There has been enough discussion on that issue for it to be relevant.

True, they both did a poor job on that one.
      Alot of ppl been expressing a move to the system of the USA ... well ... I do hope they see the gridlock it can cause.

I thought their were more pressing issues to discuss instead of the questions in the first 30 minutes.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Like?
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Like 500 children missing...

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
            Like?
            In 60 minutes all the pressing questions couldn't be asked. Here are 2 I was anticpating;
            It would have been good to a question about energy. Especially that both manifestos are out now.

There should be a question about the need to modify the free heathcare policy where those who can afford to pay, should be made to pay to reduce the burden on the system.

Comment

The healthcare question in particular would be a good one, I agree. Any question which has the potential to highlight some difference between the 2 party positions are relevant.

Two modifications that I would like to see to the party leader debate is 2 minutes per answer and 90 minutes overall. But I don't know whether that would have been acceptable to both sides at the outset. JLP were overconfident and PNP were concerned going in.

Comment

Working...
              X