X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Not in my Cabinet question and response

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDb73VCjxAk

Big respect to Portia in this.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

She was, in essence, tricked. She gave what "enlightened" folks would agree was the correct answer. However, others are sure that the average J'can will not like that response. So she was damned if she did and damned if she didnt.
    "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

yes but it was a principle stand on her part. Holness did the popular thing of not really answering this question.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDb73VCjxAk

Big respect to Portia in this.
        True ... this was her best moment in the debate. Andrew on the other hand stayed on the chalk line. I had to laugh. Hortical made a post the other day that I think is appropriate here, "The average Jamaican comprehends on a 5th grade level, and very few if any will..."
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
          . Hortical made a post the other day that I think is appropriate here, "The average Jamaican comprehends on a 5th grade level, and very few if any will..."
          that's a stupid and disrespectful view...strait
          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Disagree. Tricked by who?

I think its more of a case where its clear the PNP already have some in thier leadership. Holness did the politcally popular thing but he knows it is a backward position.
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

I am agreeing with you. Portia's positive response was understood to not be in step with the masses. Holness is playing politics!

Comment

Very insulting.. 5th Graders should file a defamation law suit..

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
                  that's a stupid and disrespectful view...strait
                  If you think so! I think discriminating against others due to their sexual orientation is stupid and disrespectful. Heard a caller this morning expressing his disappointment with Portia's response and due to his religious beliefs he will be voting JLP.
                  "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

OK cool. Didn't understand the tricked comment. I would more say she was cornered by her partys situation.

Comment

The person who asked that question knew that she would be in a pickle regardless of how she answered. It was one of those types of questions that the Pharisees would ask Jesus.

Comment

LOL.

Comment

Well it turned out to be one of her best moments of the night in my view. We will see if it has any impact on the rest of the campaign.

Comment

lol !

Based on Forum sentiments JLP juss get aneddah Term !

Comment

Best moment with us but I am sure many Jcans in the street will be wondering "why she haffi like them?" It may be ignorant but I am sure this is real.

Comment

Working...
                              X