Baddaz, may I ask a question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baddaz, may I ask a question?

Which contract did the PM said he would not renegotiate? At one point I lost the feed .... so I'm curious.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

That's two (2) questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Exile View Post
      That's two (2) questions.
      Good morning Mr. Exile. Whats your take on Portia's performance last night?
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Morning boss...my comments all over...I missed the earlier portion when i lost the feed but listened on RJR after...then got back feed.
        Portia was obviously not totally comfortable in the early answering of the questions...(slow responses) but picked up in the second half. She appeared genuinely sincere and credible in what she was saying and should have the trust issue with the Jamaican public. She certainly wasn't intimidated by Holness in any way....
        Yu want hear bout Holness?
        I think he came across as brash and possibly arrogant. Fairly articulate but diametrically opposite in terms of stances taken, apparent lack of sincerity, sounded too rehearsed and coached.
        I don't the debate in its format brought out the best of both candidates.

Comment

Man said the JDIP money from the Chinese (bad message to other potential investors) and the IMF (because you can't renegotiate it, you either enter into another contract when it expires or you dont).

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
            Man said the JDIP money from the Chinese (bad message to other potential investors) and the IMF (because you can't renegotiate it, you either enter into another contract when it expires or you dont).
            Okay ... thats what I understood as well ... so why Baddaz spinning the thing claiming its poor leadership not to renegotiate?

Comment

I haven't read his post, but he is definely not someone you can expect a response from that isn't influenced by politics. I think he was pretty clear that the IMF thereis no renogotiation, you just negotiate on the terms of the next agreement if you enter into it. The JEEP is simply reshuffling jobs and nothing of significance, so I am not sure why you would even renegotiate for that. It is clear Portia wasn't sure about concrete steps for the economy. Dealing with corruption and gays she had strong answers, not on the economy though.

Comment

I don't think he articulated his position on that as well as he could, and it made him appear somewhat timid about dealing with renegotiating contracts generally, rather than the specifics of those .

Again I have to say though, its very easy to say what he or she should have said after the fact. I practice impromptu speaking in my Toastmasters club regularly and 90% of the time you can think of a much better way to say something within 5 minutes of your having said it. It is different when you are up there and people are sitting waiting for an immediate answer.
                "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

So very true. Worst thing to happen to you is also been caught between reading script and trying to articulate what you want to say. I think part of the problem is too much campaigning and not enough time spend on going over the main pointers and working with the clock.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

lazie... help me out, please... i am pressed for time... could you please respond to this with the entirety of my post to which you are referring... thanks...
                    'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Originally posted by Baddaz View Post
                      lazie... help me out, please... i am pressed for time... could you please respond to this with the entirety of my post to which you are referring... thanks...
                      Busy...busy...busy...

Comment

Working...
                      X