Mantu Issue: Portia neuters. Creates one Storm inna Teacup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mantu Issue: Portia neuters. Creates one Storm inna Teacup

Clearly the ChiChi issue whether in or out of the Cabinet is a hot button item for many Jamaicans...the JLP has sought (foolishly) to gain mileage from it.

A big problem they face is that PSM, being a woman, can safely carry the line of inclusion and non-discrimination...and appear stateswoman-like on the issue.... i. e. she largely neuters (lol) any JLP advantage...makes that tribe seem backward (lol) by comparison. It results in the issue being a non-issue...a Storm Inna TeaCup

The perceptions that are created by women on this issue are markedly different from those engendered (lol) by women.

If it was a suspect like PJ carrying this line...he and the PNP would be slaughtered lika mouse on a $2 bread with it.

Advantage PSM...the independent and pro ChiChi vote (excep fi Ben) is secure
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Was thinking along those same lines. It would be much harder for a male politician to take that stance.

Not totally convinced that it won't be a side-issue though. It will be interesting to see if the JLP roll out any ads quoting her stance or if they back off .
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

we'll see...but I don't see any ads coming on it...but on the campaign trail???

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

The perceptions that are created by women on this issue are markedly different from those engendered (lol) by men.

Comment

I disagree strongly with you. It is going to take at least another generation before the majority of Jamaicans will change their views on this issue, rightly or wrongly. I do not think Portia's pronouncement is going to change their opinions. In my opinion, some of her base will be wondering why she is getting herself drawn into this issue. What she needs to do is to ask why folks are choosing to focus so much energy on this while there are huge issues that deserve much more attention. With all that went on over the weekend, she should have been more prepared to assert that this issue is meant to be a total distraction. I am sure the JLP has had, currently has, and will have folks who may or may not be "out" but are among those ranks. She needed to say that in time the hypocrites will be revealed.
          "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

you notice how the forum hugging her up for those comment? While mention that issue in another thread not associated with politics and see the response you get.

LOL
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

live in hope..

lol !

Comment

nutting sweeter dan di Forum !

lol ! woiee !!

All dis time all mi did haffi duh is change mi name to Portia !

Comment

Wrong.

The woman was there to answer the questions posed... she did so on that ChiChi issue without equivocation. You and others (like I do) may disagree with the position...but you suggest here that she should duck the question...that is ludicrous.

I'm sure if she had obfuscated as you suggest...your argument today would be WHY didn't she declare herself and her Party's position?? i. e. she was unworthy in ducking the question

No one thing anyone says will please everyone.. so politicians should state what they believe on matters of conscience....instead of devolving the argument to "I'll do what Jamaicans prefer" as did Holness in a craven manner....or right here in the Rum Bar we see the silly gyrations of Bishen Spin Benni on this issue he's been so insufferably garrulous about for years...ludicrous... but entertaining ..LOL

One should be able to separate tribal preferences from positions on individual conscience issues.
                  Not necessarily referring to you...since I'm not that familiar with your reasoning in the first place
                  Last edited by Don1; December 21, 2011, 10:41 AM.

Comment

LOL, you could be crowned forum King this morning.
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I never said she should duck it. QUite the contrary. In addition to some of what she said, she should also point ot the fact that hypocrites are trying to manipulate the population into thinking this is one of Jamaica's major challenges.
                      "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

ok Big Man...thanks for the clarification

Comment

Never assume that some people have any principle or will stand by their beliefs. I think the fundamental difference between the two sides is that one is very clear on their core values, the other shifts with the tide, the moon and the wind. Muadib the calendar boy is the prime example.

Comment

Originally posted by Exile View Post
                            Never assume that some people have any principle or will stand by their beliefs. I think the fundamental difference between the two sides is that one is very clear on their core values, the other shifts with the tide, the moon and the wind. Muadib the calendar boy is the prime example.
                            Bishen Spin Benni ah dazzle wid im leg break dem...im cyaan even find di pitch much more di stump dem

Comment

what you say? PNP values haven't changed?

Comment

Working...
                              X