No announcement yet.

RJR right to suspend Portia tracing ad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Again? What yu talking bout (or that should be 'about'?).

Comment

Originally posted by Exile View Post
      Again? What yu talking bout (or that should be 'about'?).
      Sorry no time for you now...busy busy busy busy...

Comment

Yeh Brick. Whaat does UGHH... mean?. Don't you think you are overdoing it.

Comment

You would have to aks Portia what it means...was she overdoing it?

Comment

You made posts on what you felt about this ad and Portia's treatment in general. Thus ist not really a stretch.

No biggie anyway.

I am sure I have captured your feelings correctly.
            Last edited by Willi; December 20, 2011, 10:52 AM.

Comment

What is the use of the broadcast commission?????
              Aren't the ones who ban all the slack songs and DJs.

How I heard nothing from them on these issues???
              Does each station have the right to ban what they want or we should have a commission set up to field complains and to take appropriate actions?

While the ad is not tasteful and flattering and not what I like to see I can't really say it should be banned. It is a negitive ad but who said you can't run negitive ads. What standards were used to ban it? It just seems like any station have the right to ban whatever they want.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

no it may be poor taste but why suspend it. Its simply what she said..

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post
                  no it may be poor taste but why suspend it. Its simply what she said..
                  I don't understand these people. The JLP and G2K are being attacked for the ad .... when the fact is the video showed Portia. There is no claim that the video was edited so if it was in poor taste, isn't it Portia's behavior that is in poor taste?
                  "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

If it was one station that did it you might have a point but BOTH national TV stations did ti so that should be enough but I am sure it wont be enough for you
                    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                    Che Guevara.

Comment

and didn't they say they pulled PNP ads too?!?!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mek Baghdad Lazie gwaan man...
                        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                        Che Guevara.

Comment

should the stations have that right?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

should they??? There a this line between freedom of speech and picking picking winners. This is an AD and it broke no media laws. I read were G2K is taking it to the court. I will watch and see how it turn out.
                            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I hope when they go to court the judge lock up the Delano guy for being an idiot
                              Che Guevara.

Comment

Working...
                              X