The love for women post..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The love for women post..

how come when I posted here las week "JLP 12 PNP 6" not a dyam dawg bark when I spoke about the number of female candidates the parties were fielding... I don't really care but in going through the "love for women" posts and I have only read about 2/3 no one seems to want to address why there are still so realtively few women being fielded by either party... the educational figures tell us that for a lon time now women are outstripping the men and yet the parties baulk at putting women on their slate... ESPECIALLY the PNP, why?? ESPECIALLY when their leader is a woman? hmmmm....
    Peter R

Many women in the PNP heirarchy do not like Portia.

They feel they are far more qualified but she gets promoted due to her popularity in the huskings. There is a mixture of jealousy and righteous indignation.

Plain english and bad mannaz. Tired of the tippy-toeing around most issues here. If unno waan argue, unoo must do so openly.

Comment

remember.........people vote for the candidates enuh

so u cant just put woman...for putting sake.......u have to put to WIN

Comment

suh JA dont have women who would make credible candidates? capable of winning seats? that's what you're saying??
        Peter R

Comment

Wi kinda screwed up as a nation and it stifling our potential greatness.

Comment

i used to share that view, having heard those rumblings in the past... in speaking to some people in the know, that is just not true willi... yes portia had issues with a woman but it had nothing to do with qualifications or lack thereof... and we are not talking about sharon hay-webster either...
            'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Who Maxine?

I hear from others and what they tell me make sense...

Comment

You are the resident expert speaking for the PNP now? Hilarious! Such authority. lol

Comment

You think it have people lining up to become MPs? We had that discussion already...much more women lining up...representational politics is a nasty business....what's the % in the Senate?

Comment

Suh mi getti suh mi selli.

Are you the resident PNP campaign manager here? THAT is what I find hilarious. Especially since neither of us has a vote.

Fight it breddah, fight it. Cast away all pretense of impartiality.

Comment

Maxine nuh think she very bright. Plus dem have personality clash too.
                      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

You sure I don't have a vote?? You seem well-informed. You would be like that independent candidate up in Gordon Town...can't even remember who nominate him....just a decent gentleman - right?

Comment

I dont follow.

No comment. LoL

Do you have a vote. Were you 'numarated? In which constituency?

I figure that I am correct on this one...ah mussi me name Phinn. LoL
                          Oh mi figget, him nuh accurate!

Comment

Yu see it! Good...now we on the same page.

Comment

How when Jawge say the same thing everybody jump down him throat? Just asking?

Comment

Working...
                              X