RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I tried to get a discussion on our country...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I tried to get a discussion on our country...

...under Since 2003 and it's the same thing...check this...

and what happened? Jawge responded and everybody attack him...he made his points as only he can...but rather than we (I had to go out) discuss it turns out to be a herd attack on Jawge.....yet others like Bricktop post utter unintelligible garbage and get a pat on the shoulder...or there is silence...

There is no reason for any forum member to diss a man as this is just virtual reality here and in real life there all kinds of other issues...real serious issues at times. So while are sometimes fickle, terse or even funny in our responses, let us not lose sight of what I think we all collectively want and is to see Jamaica go forward. Some of us have done things in our own ways..a lot of us...without saying a word...but we just focus on the NEGATIVE too much.

Anyhow, mi mi stop...all is well...pick up mi son a airport so de Christmus a get 'noice' as Don1 sey...

Let's all stay grounded.

Seedless mi seh Bricky!

Originally posted by Exile View Post
    yet others like Bricktop post utter unintelligible garbage and get a pat on the shoulder...or there is silence...

Seedless mi seh Bricky!
    Because i will embarrass you mental midgets if you dare respond...and mi nuh waan hear bout your seed or lack thereof...

Comment

Jawge deserved a virtual beat-down for him attitude. I have no apologies fe dat.

If you can come pon the forum every day a talk bout what wrong with JA and what people a JA not doing and how dem corner dark, then the least you can do is have the interest fe help in some way. Is not that the man say him would help but not in a position to do so right now, the man basically say him have NO INTENTIONS of doing anything because the people dem too backward or still inna slavery or some such things. Eediat argument dat and me nuh see nutten wrong wid calling him out pon it.

Is no personal feelings against Jawge still but me woulda love if the man reconsider how him view our people dem. Them not beyond help or undeserving of it just because Garvey or Joshua are no longer with us.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

X-ile to be honest I expect better from mi idren , Jawge deserve it , his political alternative/solution is a big part of the problem......absurb to claim that majour financiers are anti PNP and PRO JLP, as if they were never PRO PNP and this is a reason why we are in the position we are in.

Werent the PNP in power for 18 years ? People voted them out for a reason, the financiers flipped for a reason no doubt they will flip again and I dont believe we will be any better for it.

This goes up there with I know the secret to beat Brazil , after countless others have done it in the WC .I think it was after Zidanes france emabarrased them he made the claim.

Im deserve it.
        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Yes, Oh brilliant one...gwaan disrespect the forumites..."metal midgets"??
          Just please be reminded that you were the one accusing me of "eating seedless grapes in A/C". Now you want to talk bout my "seed or lack thereof..".

Wh'ppn yu want the ones with seed? Don' get mi involved in that kinda nastiness. No wonder Skeng-D haffi call yu out....

Comment

Deserved? Sometimes we have to "pick sense from nonsense".

Comment

X...none of what Jawge thinks or says, - "his political alternative/solution" or yours or mine or anyone else will make an iota of difference in this election or In the near future. The institutionalized underpinnings of the corruption that is wide-scale and widespread in Jamaica will take years to dismantle and has to be a collective undertaking. No one-man or one-woman can't do it all and that is another part of our psyche that is halting progress - the Donmanship (not talking drugs). Look at it all around..is who is the don of this or that...from music to looks etc etc.

Comment

dem did try... and came up empty handed... Jawge mi bredrin dats a joke...

i was one of the "silent ones"... I was having too much fun reading to formulate a response, or to add to the hilarity... the way I read it was that people didn't have a problem with Jawge's political stance but more with the position that he can do nothing to help JA until they (Jamaicans) are educated... correct Jawge? if that's the case or attitude that ALL were to take ( I am conveying what I gathered from the posts, not giving an opinion) that position Jamaica corner well dark!

Jawge will be be a forgotten footnote in his great-grandchildren's family album at the rate we're going (opinion)
                Peter R

Comment

Peter...ah bway...too much pack behaviour....everybody bringle and ready fi bite...mostly barking still...I just laughing...hold on..wait, this grape sweet eh? lol.

Comment

gwaan tek libarty wid Don1...

Comment

Xile you got what you wanted a discussion , doesnt mean its going to be civil, sensible or unemotional ...is jamaican politics wi a talk bout ...well politics , no suh it set ?
                      I have a problem with his stance , or anyone that supports either party.Simply because they have proven to me they dont have a solution, most of us agreed after the Shaw/Phillips debates not much difference in economic policy,so where does that leave us ,hypocrytes,liars & thieves mudslinging who is holier than whom?

Jawge,Maudib,Brick and Lazie etc etc personifies this.I need to stay away from it , because my blood really does boil.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

The day when 3 positive threads can be generated on a discussion about the development of Jamaica will not happen, unless you spawn those first 3 threads.

Comment

I guess so...that's how it run sometimes...I think because I was away from the computer whole day and come back it hit - bam! While its arguable that both parties failed Jamaica, there so much more context to the statement. Does fence-sitting offer a real solution? What will be the change agent if not one of the major parties - and despite all said here both have played some role in positive outcomes in Jamaica - as well as the downside.
                          It is no longer about who "has the best plan", who's idea is 'original' anymore. We need sustained action with what I call the 'background noise' - the wanton corruption, the murders, mayhem, 'get rich today' mentality etc. - out of the way. The tribal politics have caused deep divisions in Jamaican society where you are labeled Comrade or Labourite even when it's not even election time....even if know one knows who you vote for behind the curtain..but the need to know and to tag is so great that you are labelled just the same. That is then how the scarce resources, the 'spoils' are shared, contracts, jobs etc are doled out....
                          How to fix?? I agree with you to strengthen the institutional capabilities to stamp out corruption - but it cannot be a one-man show....try to get companies on board with corporate social responsibility - not a sponsor a dance or beauty show - but meaningful developmental issues that will have long-term and sustainable benefits. Engage the Diaspora in a more meaningful, less political way - they have a huge role to play - but they also have a stakein the future of Jamaica nad maybe surely should have a voice - and Independent Senator perhaps - appointed by the GG with advice from PM and Opp Leader or sm other body....thats a start..

Comment

Agreed ! I am sure we all agree with what you have stated , even the thieves & hypocrytes(MPs) but thats the problem , we know the problem we can agree on a solution and nothing gets done about it.

Both parties know that they must have a judicial system that can stamp out corruption, both would admit the system we have is broken , both will tell you it needs to be strengthened.Corporate & public service has to be a part of the call, human rights org must be a part of that call.

Both parties will sit on any move to strengthen it leaving it dead with lip service, Jawge said some truth when he said he fears for Christie life , I do too !

I think as time goes on , I see myself actively getting on some diaspora movement to champion this cause, probably when I am in my 70s , i will see it strengthend .

God help us.

Comment

I personally believe Jawge have something to give back. His mentors Marcus Garvey and Micheal Manley would be proud of his contribution back to others.

Jawge would be surprise to know the contribution he can make by just revisiting a school and talk to a few youths. The fact is if we don't work with the youths around us and do what we can it is them same one a come take what we have.

What Jawge did is force me to go looking for a few of the kids I worked with in the last few years and I really feel proud knowing that I had just a little something to do with their life choices. I can say within the next 5 years there will be some real rising stars I can say I have worked with when they needed a word of advice or two.

I know so many of the forumites have contributed their one cent and good words to this worthwhile cause and have seen fruits so we just want Jawge fi join in and help spread the words and philosopies of his mentors, don't keep all the knowledge within and wait for the changes because Jesus never gave people bread because their belly was half full, he gave it to the hungry.
                              Last edited by Assasin; December 18, 2011, 12:19 AM.
                              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                              X