RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Since 2003 and it's the same thing...check this...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what if you don't have a grandfather? You don't think you should share your grandfather's wisdom with some of the kids who don't have or don't know their wise grandfather?
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Low de man mek him spout him knowledge of differential calculus and game theory nuh. LOL!

Jamaican people too backward fe dem ting deh. God answer him prayers so him coulda go a foreign and learn.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

times are different; one has to be careful how they use and call God's name these days. I'm a simple man with a small family. These I concentrate most of my time on the young ones. There many others out there much brilliant than I.

Comment

Jawge is already playing the role of Charlie Chaplin, and very successfully I might add.
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Been there and I see where technology in the classroom is a big cop out because for many. Not only is it there but nuff of the teachers are not trained and refuse to use it. Some prinicpal have to penalise the teachers for not using it.

I-man, my mom was a teacher(no longer with us), I volinteer my first year out of high school to teach extra lessons at all age school as I had no job. I worked in education part time or fulltime in america for 17 years supporting technology, teaching and workng with student, 15 years at the community college level and 2 at the K12 level.

I oftenly don't go too deep into this on the forum but in technology I try to cut out "fat" try to get productivity and save money, this means choosing systems, standards and setting policies and I have seen the waste first hand and the waste of manpower.

A big excuse for politicians are " we need more technology in the classroom". I still think the basic standard where prinicpals and teachers are strict but caring is still the best way to achieve success, with or without technology, technology can be an added bonus to get you to the next level but........

Also thanks to my mom, my family full a teachers in Jamaica, and England as she was instrumental in my cousin's eduaction and others.
            Last edited by Assasin; December 17, 2011, 02:22 PM.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

That's what you got from it? Is it that they have cloning machine at the HQ? Good ting yuh like suppose mi did get mi self inna chubble an yuh come ah court?

Comment

How is it so different? Is that your easy way out?

In between 1995 and 2004 I worked with a lot of caribbean students, a lot of Jamaican, Haitians and Trini and others at the community college level.

A lot from Queens and Brooklyn. Nuff was seen as rejects but today I can tell you 90% of them are successful and the other 10% maybe but I am not in contact with them. Now one running his own soccer academy, one is a coach with the metro academy and a teacher, others are professionals who can tell you how we worked with them and influenced them.

Most kids have the same desire we had and the same problems.

Comment

Sass I gave my due in the community. I'm now concentrating on my immediate family. Is it a crime to do that?

Comment

No it is not. I am concentrating on mines right now. IF you ain't going to contribute then simple don't condemn.

Raising a family is very hard job, so too in working in the community. Yes my community work right now is centered around the family and as the kids get bigger I hope they participate, I haven't been too active for the last 2 years because of having young kids and a hard working wife.

Comment

I haven't been too active for the last 2 years because of having young kids and a hard working wife

Thanks for entering the club, you can have a seat.

Comment

Still find time to volinteer for daycare and soccer and try and visit at least 1 institution when I go to Ja and talk to a few students.

Comment

That is very nice of you but as the saying goes "to each his own".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CppUU2BVI7A
                          Last edited by Jawge; December 17, 2011, 03:14 PM.

Comment

******** **********!!!!
                            TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Working...
                            X