PNP on the economy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PNP on the economy

Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Bring back PNP.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Is this Lazie?

Comment

the figures just don't lie... from my understanding, the people who have benefited from this jlp administration over the past four years are the people who HAD money before the jlp assumed power... the economy wasn't great with the PNP but it was better than what this JLP delivered this past four years...

the jamaica people better wise up because, it will get much worse if the JLP gets another term... job cuts will be the focus of the jlp, should they win the election... job cuts and no new jobs... the jlp is intent on spreading this bitter medicine message and the people seems not to be listening... i hope they wake up from their slumber...
        'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Originally posted by Baddaz View Post
          the figures just don't lie... from my understanding, the people who have benefited from this jlp administration over the past four years are the people who HAD money before the jlp assumed power... the economy wasn't great with the PNP but it was better than what this JLP delivered this past four years...

the jamaica people better wise up because, it will get much worse if the JLP gets another term... job cuts will be the focus of the jlp, should they win the election... job cuts and no new jobs... the jlp is intent on spreading this bitter medicine message and the people seems not to be listening... i hope they wake up from their slumber...
          Are you for real Baddaz? Are serious unpopular decisions required to move the country forward? Has your party demonstrated anything for you to be convinced they're capable of making those tough decisions?
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

put up the 18 years of PNP Chart and let us see and keep in mind the environment they operated in with the world economy.

Keep in mind they had no Bauxite company closing, No world recession, and no dip in remittance.

Talk about truth.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

A lot of spin in those figures I must say. Would not be hard to refute most of them If I were the JLP.

Comment

69/1 ... where was it when they took over in '89 or is that not relevant?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Fact is the PNP can't run on their economic record. What they are doing is saying, "what you are doing is what we are going to do, only that we will do it better".

They can't defend their economic stewartship over their 18 years with a straight face.
                  Last edited by Assasin; December 16, 2011, 12:16 PM.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

When in 2007 did we have IMF test?

Comment

are YOU serious lazie... serious unpopular decisions... try being one of the employed who will be out of work in a few short weeks... try take comfort that you will not get a paycheck and being told that you need to go home so the country can move forward... there needs to be alternate routes to move the country forward... cutting people jobs should not be the primary focus... increase manufacturing investments for job creation...

Comment

Originally posted by Baddaz View Post
                        are YOU serious lazie... serious unpopular decisions... try being one of the employed who will be out of work in a few short weeks... try take comfort that you will not get a paycheck and being told that you need to go home so the country can move forward... there needs to be alternate routes to move the country forward... cutting people jobs should not be the primary focus... increase manufacturing investments for job creation...
                        You do realize that since this recession kicked in there were no mass layoffs in the public sector? You talk as if the gov't aim is to cut jobs, if that was the case they could have done so already.

The fact is public sector wages and pension is growing faster than the country can manage. Hope you realize that Phillips is now admitting that these are issues to address.

Does bitter medicine means only job cuts? What about those who can afford pay more taxes? Your party has given NO INDICATION that they have what it takes to handle the current crisis. You people need to get real.

Comment

we all know the PNP record on growing the economy, and that is the problem right there.

Alternative

You keep the workers and borrow more as we been doing.

Keep the workers and grow the economy(not just mouth talk)

Keep most workers and they negociate no raise or a small pay cut

Cut the workers them.

We all know about economic growth in this world recession and I know you read what the IMF head had to say about the world economy in 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudi View Post
                            A lot of spin in those figures I must say. Would not be hard to refute most of them If I were the JLP.
                            ... but should it be only JLP to refute those claims?

Comment

i think it is YOU who needs to keep it REAL... what about those who needs to pay taxes... they should... what is preventing the govt from talking about that issue... you are acting as if hard economic climate began during 'the recession years'... relative to what we have witnessed the past four years, it appears the pnp did quite well... not that they could not have done better, there is always room for improvement...

the country needs increased revenues... how will they increase revenues when an already depressed and constricted workforce will be further depressed and constricted with their pronouncements...

this jlp, YOUR party, brings no confidence economically... the figures speak truth... refute the figures... put a spin on the figures...

tourism... who does it benefit... who is reaping the spoils of this tourism growth the jlp speak of... tell the people of montego bay, ochi, falmouth, negril, port antonio that they are benefiting greatly from increased tourism and hear their response...

now your govt will HELP jamaica by laying off another 30,000+ workers... that 30,000+ will not have the disposable income to support their community corner shop and other businesses... come again, lazie... gwaan drink de kool-aid and defend de slackeness...

Comment

Working...
                              X