Lie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good! yuh watch this one this time.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

They both seem to have the same policies, or at least goal in mind which is "growth".

ironically, it seems the JLP want to manage the growth and PNP looking at a more laissez-faire option... that is the only divergence I saw between them aside from the intent to try and score points by taking a stab here and there at each other's party.

What IS encouraging is that we do have the debate and we can at least hear some of what they have to say outside of the political platform, even if it is not earth-shattering. What is also encouraging is that they both accorded the moderator due respect. I don't understand what the problem you have with the "moderators" is

On another point, Audley Shaw did get a little more intense in some of his responses but nothing out of order, Peter Phillips kept an even keel throughout... the behaviour was decent IMO.
      Peter R

Comment

I am looking for moderators who when they see a gaffe or nonchalant responses to probe , rattle , the best one was when peter was asked about driving the nation into the ground after 17 years of PNP rule and he rejected it by saying he never said it ,the moderators didnt have the guts to site their source and defend their question ?
        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

I will agree though at least we are having debates.
          THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Substance people ... substance ..... didn't you all notice that both men were basically saying or better yet selling the same thing? Dr. Philips was clear about attempting to address tax reform, pension reform, transformation of the public sector, selling loss making assets etc. What no one has realized is that all those moves are currently being addressed by the current gov't.

Phillips was spot on about the impact of the 7% increase that was granted. His question to Shaw did surprise everyone. Its a pity both men were not allowed to pose questions to other.

Shaw's question regarding the MOU and the question of trust .. one word ... BOOP! He needs to stop making reference about Omar .. especially since the question of FINSAC was addressed.

Its a pity such an important debate was just for 60 minutes as I think there was more that could have been addressed. Yeah ... my bias I guess .... I prefer debates and town hall meetings to shouting from a political platform.
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

At what cost? A brethren of mine say the money being spent could buy couple machines for the hospitals...yeah, dialysis machines...

Comment

So Lazie, you are saying Phillips (the drunkard) was the more effective debater last night?
                Exactly who was doing the shouting from the platform last night
                Just axing
                Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                Che Guevara.

Comment

$20 million...amazing we can find the money for these things which I still say is a waste of time while schools don't have equipment for children to learn or hospitals don't have necessary equipment to help save lives.
                  Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                  Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
                    So Lazie, you are saying Phillips (the drunkard) was the more effective debater last night?
                    Exactly who was doing the shouting from the platform last night
                    Just axing
                    Here we go .... majoring in minor. Okay ... I don't know about more effective debater. Everything with the exception of JEEP is already being done by the current gov't. So to come now and claim he is going to do A,B,C is not presenting anything new.

Where was the shouting last night Sickko?
                    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Maybe you fell asleep during the shouting and political jingoistic ranting by Man A Yard who had flashbacks to being on a political platform
                      Che Guevara.

Comment

Working...
                      X