Buying FX, Willi et al...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying FX, Willi et al...

I heard that the Euro was at its lowest vs the US $ this week... is it a good time to buy Euros? The spousal unit and I have a tentative trip to Europe planned for August-September next year... so is it too soon to stock up on some Euros or is there "worse" to come? Any insights would be appreciated.. thx.
    Peter R

the chance is worth it right now. Unless the Eurozone fall apart it the value of the Euro is going to rise again.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

...that's what I'm thinking. The leading Euro economies seem committed to the currency, so I'm thinking "buy now". Thanks for the input.
      Peter R

Comment

Buy gradually and spead out the rates. Average down (or up).

Dat better than making a bet at just one point in time. still now is a good time to start and maybe buy a bit more than the linear monthly average now.

Say you need €1000 over 10 months, you can buy a €250 now and smaller amounts going fwd.

Comment

...what they call "dollar cost averaging", right? makes perfect sense. Thanks for the tip... closer to the time I'll let you know (if we go ahead with it) what the plan is... first point of entry is Spain (Madrid) then south to Andalusia and after that I don't know.
          Peter R

Comment

Working...
          X