No announcement yet.

Crawford Has Right To Be Suspicious

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So is it moral to fabricate a news story falsely implicating your opponent in election fraud?

Comment

No. Who did that?

Comment

..."diplomacy" mi seh... LOL

I have no argument that Damion Crawford no. 2 has a legal right to run, but it does raise the question of ethics in the election process IMO, if he is a set up man... yes, yuh goin seh mi naive to say "if" but it's the diplomat in me breaking out...LOL

In the short run (to elections) Damion no.1 will simply have to do a little more work to educate the electorate about just which D.C. they must put their X beside. I am really interested in seeing the result of this constituency especially as D.C. no. 2 seems to be MIA..
        Peter R

Comment

Not sure how you could have missed it...but let me play along...

Comment

It was a hot topic on NNN forum on FB .... now they have to restrict ppl from starting topics.
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Mek mi repeat it one more time.

Di man have an ABSOLUTE right to run and for whatever reason. This is not an ethical or moral issue in any form or another.

There is a reason we have a citizen democracy. All a dem get encouraged to run in one form or another. Why do we think only the JLPNP is legit?

I dont care who set him up to run or for whatever reason. the higher principle is to ensure access to all, even the "troublemakers".

If Mo want to run on a Federation with TnT platform, mi nah support him, but will argue for his right to do so.

Comment

Will, no sense repeating. The issue has nothing to do with his right to run -we have ALL said that repeatedly. No, I don't think only JLP or PNP has a right to run. So we can agree on that.
                Where I part company though is when you say "I don't care who set him up to run for whatever reason". This so-called higher principle is not even threatened.

Comment

What then is really threatened?

Yuh dont see the threat in the way people implicitly devalue independent candidates?

As if dem nuh matter and are just a distraction.

Comment

Yes.. but an unrelated issue.

Comment

Willi, I don't fully agree that you have an absolute right to run for whatever reason in principle. In law yes you have an absolute right as you say, but let us suppose that he was really put there as a spoiler by the JLP, isn't having a candidate who has absolutely no intention of serving, no platform, no "nothing" perpetrating a kind of fraud on the electorate? most people might and probably see through the sham (again assuming it is so).

What it says about us (if it is true that D.C 2 is a set up man) as a people is that we tek dis ting fi pappy show, we cannot really be serious about politics, or that win and win at all costs is what matters. I fully realise that either side is capable of chicanery but at least as Exile , i think , said... no gun a buss like long time a no body dedding.

If it is a genuine coincidence which is possible then D.C 2 should at least be letting himself be known and heard.
                      Peter R

Comment

Oh that? Wasn't that discussed already here? Wasn't the argument that it was fabricated was that the police had no report? I guess no smoking gun...or cutlass.

Comment

LoL

But data nuh apply to nuff ah dem in JLPNP?

How many absentee MPs yuh see over the years? Did they have any intention to serve, or just feddah dem nest.

Mek wi call a spade a spade!

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
                            LoL

But data nuh apply to nuff ah dem in JLPNP?

How many absentee MPs yuh see over the years? Did they have any intention to serve, or just feddah dem nest.

Mek wi call a spade a spade!
                            You got me there Willi... at least discerning or even semi conscious voters fin' out bout DC 2 BEFORE dem vote..
                            Peter R

Comment

The spade is that they become absentee AFTER the elections (not condoning it)...but a man get nominated and becomes ABSENTEE Candidate???? Thats not a spade actually that's a fork.

Comment

Originally posted by Exile View Post
                                Oh that? Wasn't that discussed already here? Wasn't the argument that it was fabricated was that the police had no report? I guess no smoking gun...or cutlass.

Comment

Working...
                                X