Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help

I have been getting some notices in my email purportedly from Yahoo abut me upgrading my account.

I have had this account for years and never had been asked.

Is this hacking or legit...anyone have any idea?
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Yahoo had a change of format for user profile in the last 6 months so they may want you to upgrade. Often times Yahoo and Gmail will request changes. I ignore it sometimes as it may ask for telephone number and I am not giving them mines.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

kool
      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
      Che Guevara.

Comment

yeah i think it is legit...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Check the source of the email....also type the message you get into Hoaxslayer.com Make sure you dont open any urls in the email....hopefully it is legit...try putting a sign on seal on your email. Also change your password.

Comment

Google Chrome says it is a Phishing site
            Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
              I have been getting some notices in my email purportedly from Yahoo abut me upgrading my account.

I have had this account for years and never had been asked.

Is this hacking or legit...anyone have any idea?
              There is usually no need to click on a link in an email to upgrade your email account at least from yahoo, gmail, hotmail. They usually provide a button on
              the interface to do that, that also tells you what the new features are.
              In yahoo's case if you're still using the old interface if you look at the top right hand side you will see "What's New ?" close to the "Options" button

Comment

Working...
              X