I can recall when the williams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can recall when the williams

sisters were winning at tennis. At times at work you would hear "ah tennis isn't nice anymore, it's the same predictable two" blah, blah. I would wonder why the dad was reacting a certain way at games and question his behaviour. My questions were answered, when I started to coach a team of all black youth. Granted I kept my composure .Oh I lost it once at tournament upstate; the outright bias and cheating was too much. I regretted it because the team should not see me in that manner (I said this to myself as coach J never lost his cool) game was close that day and we just was about to knock off a top premier team.

My point is on bigotry; from what I see on thi site, many aren't different from those who are racist. Because thy are told they belong to a certain ilk (the Jane Elliot experiment would make my point clear) they decry those they THINK don't belong. They get angry when the person who is supposed to be inferior wins at anything. These same so called intelligent people would even resort to violence (reminds me of some groups in the states). Can't forget when adpet. in school prepared my resume and I went seeking a job. The header said I was analytic (based on the many science courses I did) The caucasian manager laughed real hard saying "you are analytic?". He did give me the job though; which stsrted my experience in computers. How can a human call or even look at another human as being inferior? In this 21st century. Hitler was hped up with psuedo science, hence he had to walk out when black americans won a race at the olympics. Today with so much info and granted the world is changing and here we are with people with the same thoughts of 3,000 years ago.

Amazing!

Yuh free to mek any overreach and stretch, but remember belief is not the same as knowing. Belief does not make it so.

Comment

Let me state why I lost it. Well this top team that we played was out hustled and out played. We then score a goal. What? the top home team losing? Yes. Suddemly whildt my team was attacking the game was stopped by the ref. What's the matter? Oh a penalty. Penalty? Yeas aspectator brought it to the ref's attention that by centre back handled the ball. Well you know Jakans; parents invaded the field. I still kept my composure. Calm was restored and the penalty was scored. My team now in disarray gave up another goal. They hurriedew off the game. Most of my team was lying on the field in dis belief crying (u14s) then this guy came up to me with a paper saying I should sign. Oh my, I just exploded. reviewing it in my mind; I said I should have held my composure but I guess i'm only human.

Still sort of regretted that I lost my cool though.

Comment

Really now? I was in this orientation and there was this blue eyed caucasian but guess what? He had native american Indian hertiage (of which he was fiercely proud) He gave his experience of how many would say things to him about native americans (because they assume). Granted this session was about tolerance for race, culture atc.

As the session progressed, the topic of anationality came up . The blacks started to say how they are this and that. This said wait a minute? weren't you the same ones talking about bigotry, racism, etc? I was first to realize what he said was true and thanked him for stepping in.

Give an objective look at what's happening to Nanny P then equate to yourself (a black person) in Europe, S.africa or even some parts of the states. She can't do anything or lead anything of success. If so it has to be checked and rechecked.

Comment

Nope, you waaaay off track again.

BTW, I am not in Scandinavia.

America kinda skew yuh view on the position of white people in the world. Right yasso in my company, white people clean toilet and wuk as CEO and is owna man. Not many minorities here, but we too work at almost all levels. The very top excluded.

Comment

My apologies sir. Glad to know that there is no bigotry in Europe.

Skewed view? When I first came to the states it was cauasians that helped to get my first car. I didn't even know what registration was about. I was just handed the keys. Didn't hear me say some. Same how yuh happy inna Euraope ah same so mi happy inna america but if soething wrong goes down. I will call it.

Comment

Racism is here too, but the form of it is different.

Yes, I agree that there are good white people everywhere. Not everbody kipp up almshouse. There are also many sick, scary ones here too.

Comment

It is at all levels....used to get it in Florida...and we had a very cosmopolitan team...we get penalty, direct free kick, corners, straight reds, all against us...no bother even try and play offside trap....yu mad...had brethren..a midfield general..every game a red card because he always cuss the ref.... justifiably...had to give him a talk...the man started to destroy players, score goals..pity he had a knee problem...could have played for JA.

Comment

I also coached a youth side...at the Y....mostly Grade 3 or 4....I got the dregs..players left over after the bets players were shared among the white coaches...I had two youths of South American heritage....plus one hispanic black...we got 6-0 in first game BUT we went on to win the League...

The team had a big celebration....but they forgot to invite the coach..lol. I had two friends assisting...one a a Jamaican (ex national female hockey), the other a Bahamian....a mother met me in the mall thanking me for moulding the team and getting her son interested in soccer and why I wasn't at the celebration...told her I didn't know about it...couldn't believe, she wrote a cheque and told me to take the assistants out for beers....

Comment

mine is a little different, i coached in boca and had no black kids on my team, one brasilian and spanish kids. i used to get the bad calls same way, maybe it was me?

anyway after a while some of the fathers of the kids i coached started to gi mi bad face ... found out afterwards why ....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

One ting mi haffi seh bout all dat deh, "Dem nuh like mi, an mi nuh like dem; dem ah mi enemy; mi an dem nuh fren (Ah Capleton). Mi jus a drink some ah di milk an nah count no cow, plus countin ah nevah mi strong point anyway, English neighdah suh yuh si weh mi ah come from. Cross angry miserable, but wi haffi live wid dem til such time.

Comment

But is it racism? The coaches from long Island, Westchester and Jersey will recruit the best black players from these rural sides and the parents will treat them good, paying fare, put them up etc. to get them to play with their team. It is more than just racism but it is about "my team" and been damn tief sometimes.
                        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                        X