Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Charlize Theron fans here?

I like Charlize!

NEW YORK – Charlize Theron won a best-actress Academy Award for playing a physically repugnant killer in 2003's Monster. But in the black comedy Young Adult, she's just as terrifying, and she looks exactly like herself.

By Todd Plitt, USA TODAY

Charlize Theron stars as as struggling author in her new movie, which expands to theaters nationwide on Friday.

Theron's Mavis Gary is trouble — an author of teen fiction and a narcissistic former prom queen with a non-existent moral compass. She returns to her small Minnesota town to win back her high school boyfriend Buddy, who's now married with a newborn daughter. As Mavis, Theron is a one-woman cyclone of destruction who spends her days either chasing Buddy or getting drunk with a disabled former classmate (Patton Oswalt) whom she alternately mocks or dismisses.

Yet for Theron, Mavis Gary is a ravishing work of art.

"I'd be blind to not see the potential in the character. These are the kinds of roles women wait for," Theron says. "Yeah, it scared me. There's so much about her — when you hold up the mirror, you see almost too much you don't want to acknowledge. But that coincides with what makes my job exciting."

http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/...ron/51881602/1

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Yuh love di bleach blonds I see...

Newsflash, yuh dont haffi bleach fi reach....

Comment

Working...
    X