Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PNP cries foul over nomination of second Damion Crawford

PNP cries foul over nomination of second Damion Crawford

PNP candidate for East Rural St. Andrew, Damion Crawford.

The People’s National Party's youth arm is condemning what it says was the deliberate nomination of a second candidate with the name Damion Crawford, in the East Rural St. Andrew constituency.
    The PNPYO describes the nomination of the independent candidate as underhanded, egregious and against modern democratic norms.
    The Youth Organization says it is a clear attempt to frustrate the democratic process in East Rural St. Andrew.
    PNP-YO adds that the objective of those who were behind the nomination is to create confusion in the minds of persons who are planning to vote for the PNP’s Damion Crawford.
    It is therefore calling on persons in the constituency to ensure that their votes are properly recorded, by putting the ‘X’ beside the head on election day.
    In the meantime, Mr. Crawford says he has no intention of issuing another apology following a demand from his opponent Joan Gordon-Webley.
    Mr. Crawford had apologised to Mrs. Gordon Webley for remarks he made about her recently on the political platform.
    However, the Jamaica Labour Party candidate says she will only accept an apology made to the people of the constituency.
    But when contacted on Monday night, Mr. Crawford described his opponent's request as unreasonable.
    “I apologized to her and I said it also to the media, I can’t see why she is demanding more. I think it is unreasonable on her part and I am now focusing on the solid issues. She should accept the debate that we have been calling for and discuss the real issues and not majoring in the minor,” Mr. Crawford.

I am now focusing on the solid issues

Comment

She should accept the debate that we have been calling for and discuss the real issues and not majoring in the minor

LAZIE the man teef u chat LOL

Comment

The Director of Elections say neither Damion have any more right to contest the seat than the other and they cant just go and tell the guy to drop out as he has a right as well
        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
        Che Guevara.

Comment

Saw it...they must have gone to the same school...or political meeting
          Last edited by Exile; December 13, 2011, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Its simple to solve this issue put that Damion Crawford at the bottom of the ballot and give him a devil symbol, only an idiot would pass the PNP head and vote for somebody with a devil symbol.

Comment

You obviously misunderestimate the level of ignorance among some voters, you think it is a whim why the founding fathers had to come up with symbols to put on the ballot?
              Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
              Che Guevara.

Comment

u know why BUsta change him name

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
                  You obviously misunderestimate the level of ignorance among some voters, you think it is a whim why the founding fathers had to come up with symbols to put on the ballot?
                  So the PNP plus a symbol still not enough?

No man I don't believe they would bypass the head and PNP fi vote fi something else.

Comment

remember u have some old old people wid bad eyesight .................who jus have a grade 6 education

remember it is the lion head them independent want to use ....the pnp symbol is the human head

Comment

from damions wall

Damion Crawford
                      I am neither amazed nor daunted by this week's turn of events. In fact, I am even more driven with my mission, which has, and will forever be to help, to inspire, to teach, to encourage and to empower. With only a few more days to go, keep spreading the word: Tell a friend, Tell your Family - Tell them, join us in the People's Revolution, because indeed friends, this is what this is. Do not allow others to take away your democratic right to vote for who you wish. I will not be moved. Join Me. #PeoplePower [X Beside The Human Head]
                      Like · · Share · 9 minutes ago ·
                      31 people like this.

Bongani Ajani Noji Morrison so their symbol is a head too?
                      5 minutes ago · Like

Damion Crawford Yes. A Lion Head - which we are trying to have changed to another symbol.
                      4 minutes ago · Like

Sanaya Brown One knock....any other crawford a knock off.....winnings!!!
                      4 minutes ago · Like · 1

Bongani Ajani Noji Morrison they are shameless. but yet blind people will vote for these tribal set
                      about a minute ago · Like

Bongani Ajani Noji Morrison make sure you make it clear to the people that they should look for the human head. make it very clear my brother.
                      9 minutes ago · Like · 1

Keisha Anderson Comrade victory will b ur name
                      8 minutes ago · Like

Brianna Pogostick Clarke No this serious! It should change. No Damion it not right this symbol can't be so . What was the result of today? Waiting all day to hear
                      6 minutes ago · Like

Sanique Richards u go mr. Crawford. You inspired me to seriously look at politics as a career path. Big up! Btw a personally think another apology is not necessary.
                      6 minutes ago · Like

Samantha Singh Watson Yes please have it changed no confusion she is scared but damion you need to keep a rally or a meeting in nine miles square i know but still alot of persons havnt seen you
                      6 minutes ago · Like

Odean Hotdamn Whyte they feel threatened so they do these things it simply means ur ruffling feathers and they KNOW they gonna lose
                      6 minutes ago · Like

Brianna Pogostick Clarke Mi feel fi curse and go on bad! What is him colour?
                      5 minutes ago · Like

Brianna Pogostick Clarke And because you a rasta them strategically use lion head! Why never chicken head! Dem disgusting and wicked...
                      why the man insist fi use a LION HEAD?
                      Last edited by Skeng DX; December 13, 2011, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Nope, tell me nuh..
                        Che Guevara.

Comment

Vote for the head..dem never seh which head. I have been to several countings and you would be surprised when you see some spoiled ballots, even making the X inside the box is an issue
                          Che Guevara.

Comment

Cause its perfectly legal and his constitutional right. Not a dyam thing can be done about it.

Its clever, churlish politics and conceptually good strategy, but may not work in any case.

Instead of kevetching, the PNP should make counter-moves.

Comment

Why is there an assumption that JLPNP candidates have more rights than anyone else?

Why is not the rasta one the duplicate? Who is older? Who had to depend on the winds of fortune to get their party to back them at the 11th hour. No Andrew Holness (youth ascendency) and Rasta Damion dont even HAVE a seat...is like yuh figget arready! LoL

Comment

Working...
                              X