Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds of the clowns?

"I have a lot to contribute to the country"
    "She has always wanted to do something for the country and the Jamaica people".

Really now?.

....and on and on they go.
    Do you believe any of this BS from the so called political youths and their and their sponsors, or do you think these jokers are simply there to do something for themselves and contribute to their bank accounts, just like the old clowns?.

Must be some licky licky reporter write dat deh...

The people of Eastern Hanover are enjoying the windfall of $35million plus right now, so you can gwann talk.
    Last edited by Sickko; December 13, 2011, 05:02 PM.
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Comment

Proud dad Bovell hails Paula Kerr-Jarrett
      BY PAUL A REID Observer writer reidp@jamaicaobserver.com
      Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Tweet

SANDY BAY, Hanover — Long-time Jamaica Labour Party (JLP) treasurer Christopher Bovell was a proud father yesterday as he watched his daughter, Paula Kerr-Jarrett, being nominated as the JLP candidate for Eastern Hanover at the Sandy Bay Courthouse.
      Bovell, who was among the small number of persons allowed inside the small court house for the nomination process that started just after 10:00 am, told the Observer: "Yes, I am very proud and happy for her. It's her wish and she wants to do it, so we support her 100 per cent."

He admitted that he was surprised when Kerr-Jarrett, who is a lawyer, had taken the decision to enter representational politics, but said she has always wanted to do something for the country and the Jamaican people.
      "She thought that this would be a good opportunity and she decided to put herself forward," he said.
      Kerr-Jarrett, who will go up against the veteran politician Dr DK Duncan for the seat, said her entry into politics is "a big step, the first step of a great adventure".
      "I believe that like many others out there, I have a lot to contribute to Jamaica. I want to be an agent of change that will take us to the next level that the people of Jamaica have been longing for," she told the Observer.
      Earlier inside the courthouse, she likened the nomination process to a wedding. "Yes, I am getting married, marrying the people of Eastern Hanover," she said.
      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
      Che Guevara.

Comment

Wow! getting married to the people of Hanover?
        BTW I hear everybody say they want to "take it to the next level". What is this level?

Comment

I know. Finally discover a new husband, the Jamaican people or the Jamaican treasury.
          I have a feeling that the next level is simply a higher level of deception and stealing. Its becoming a science amongst a certain subset of Jamaicans.

Comment

It seems as if I am not the only one who can see through and through these phonies and beauty queens, and their relatives, who just woke up and discover that they love the Jamaican people. Never mind their lack of leadership ability and common sense. We are in deep do do. Enough of this youthful exuberance nonsense already. I was willing to give them a try, but I am having second thoughts already. And then look at the alternatives, DK Duncan, Joan Gordon wow, talk about being being between a rock and a hard place. What a disgrace.

Comment

It's all about hype. Get popular figures. Soon they will try to pull in a sportsman or two...no longer the farmer, teacher, businessman....how can a 40 yo woman be called a youth??? She is way past her prime years!!!!!Maybe say the younger generation or something else....I see big hard-back men masquerading on both sides as youth....
              The problem is that some of the first-timers don't have a clue what to say....and then it's the proverbial foot in mouth disease.

Comment

PNP was trying to court Walsh but it seems like him nuh inna it at least for now.

Which Party wouldn't take someone like Kerr Jarret? Them nuh have fi give her no money for campaigning. Right now I know a certain politician who owe money for their rented constituency office right now. Money may never be paid since the landlord is a diehearted.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Walsh is a good guy though...would get my vote any day!

Comment

I wouldn't say that a 40. y.o. is way past thier prime years. We talking bout an athlete or someone in public service?
                    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

...lol...mixed emotions...and a sexist statement...I guess it's that point of...let me stop...I take it back. But 40 no young.

Comment

but a wha di?!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I would not vote for Walsh simply because he is a nice guy. He was a great guy but we all know he wasn't the best person to lead the West indies team and you must ask whether he would be able to adequately represent in Parliament
                          Che Guevara.

Comment

We need honesty and integrity. Do we have much of that these days??? Look at the other options around...people becoming overnight multimillionaires (or 5 yrs) because of their public office connections and government funds and they are not nice people...lol
                            Also don't agree with you on the captaincy issue...he was the best at the time and did well in unifying the team etc..but that is for another discussion.

Comment

What?

Comment

Working...
                              X