RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Again I ask, what happen to our best and brightest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Again I ask, what happen to our best and brightest?

Is this the best we have on offer?

I see a lot of spoiled brat candidates and recycled dinosaurs and bumptious half-wits parading in Orange and Green. I think di cream done migrate and mekking it abroad...understandable as the system in JamRock is not pleasant smelling.

Man, how hath the mighty fallen. Most ah dem dont look fit fi run a cold supper shop, much less a Ministry or even a constituency office. Sharks looking for easy prey...

Don1, we need a spiritual revolution (even before the sochal contrak), so that a huge dose of humility and compassion gets injected back into the mix. if it dont happen naaturally, Modda Nature just might have to intervene. The situation seem "Gommorhaic".

They are there...totally disenchanted, apathetic to the whole process, not willing to subject themselves to Jamaican political process..it is not easy....plus it takes money to run a campaign...

Comment

Money and a LOT of organization on the ground. Not something you can build overnight.

Nuff bright and competent people still deh a yard. No question about that.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

I think you are wrong, there are a lot of very bright people who are involve din the process, most are not involve din the very public representational part of it.

Who do you think advise the Prime Ministers and the cabinet ministers, additionally a lot of these bright minds are in the background pulling the strings, yes some times the idiot MPs dont take advise but the bright people do get involved in the process maybe not at the level where we see them.
        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
        Che Guevara.

Comment

And I absolutely resent the notion that that is not the case. Some of us could not come back to Jamaica and replace any of us in any position. Some tend to think that as soon as you touch yankee soil, dem get blessed with smarts and proficiency.

Please!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

dis one sound schizophrenic ... Some of us could not come back to Jamaica and replace any of us in any position.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

yu had to spot it!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

You talking to me or Willi?

Comment

Hmmmm, I would be addressing you sire
                  Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                  Che Guevara.

Comment

I say the same thing boss. Just look at the last debate. Except for the good doctor on team PNP and the young gentleman on team JLP, the others were an utter embarrassment to our country. It seems as Wife this new found idea of youthful exuberance in our politics is just a waste of time. Also this massive inclusion of these women in our politics seem to be a waste of time. None of them has shown any true potential thus far. Ironically, PSM seems to be the only female Jamaican politician with any semblance of leadership quality, and we all know how that goes. I am not sure if this is an indictment of our educational system, after all all these people have degrees, some have multiple degrees, or it's an indictment of our sociopolitical system where one group think they have a right to rule over another despite their obvious shortcomings. If that's true, then nothing has changed in 50 years.

Comment

OK. lol. Don't preach to the converted boss...aware of behind the scenes operations...ging up for candidacy is different kettle of fish.

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
                        Is this the best we have on offer?

I see a lot of spoiled brat candidates and recycled dinosaurs and bumptious half-wits parading in Orange and Green. I think di cream done migrate and mekking it abroad...understandable as the system in JamRock is not pleasant smelling.

Man, how hath the mighty fallen. Most ah dem dont look fit fi run a cold supper shop, much less a Ministry or even a constituency office. Sharks looking for easy prey...

Don1, we need a spiritual revolution (even before the sochal contrak), so that a huge dose of humility and compassion gets injected back into the mix. if it dont happen naaturally, Modda Nature just might have to intervene. The situation seem "Gommorhaic".
                        Fi reel pawdie..

Out of the spiritual re-awakening & renewal will come the realization that reforms which bring MORE sectors and MORE humble people into decision-making is the absolute KEY to progress...NOT continuing with this ossified, withered, failed JLPNP & Brown Man Time models

But I see the interest in the Electoral Beauty Contest is reaching fever pitch... the ultimate majoring in the minor...because ultimately, without fundamental spiritual & sociological & structural REFORM of the society... it will amount to a big, fat ZERO
                        Last edited by Don1; December 13, 2011, 12:02 PM.
                        TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Years ago, I posted on this Forum that only a major crisis - of calamitous proportion will unite all of Jamaica. Last time we have real unity was in 1998 with the Reggae Boys....hurricanes, earthquakes may be our only answer...it sounds morbid but may be only thing to shake reality back in the equation.
                          We need rebirth.

Comment

Originally posted by Exile View Post
                            Years ago, I posted on this Forum that only a major crisis - of calamitous proportion will unite all of Jamaica. Last time we have real unity was in 1998 with the Reggae Boys....hurricanes, earthquakes may be our only answer...it sounds morbid but may be only thing to shake reality back in the equation.
                            We need rebirth.
                            I agree.... the problem is we have a real slow motion crisis NOW...as you probably know
                            TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

But my view is that those events only create temporary unity until the major crisis or success has past.

Then its back to business as usual:

"Infama fe dead !"

"Me hear say him a b@ttyman"

And so on and so forth

I have a few close Haitian friends and if what they tell me is any indication, a major earthquake will by itself change nothing.
                              "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
                              X